Sony will explore expanding first party titles to PC, in order to promote further growth in profitability

This is great. I was thinking about picking up a PS5 for that popular exclusive but now I don’t have to. Thanks Sony!

Sony is releasing on PC, they might as well skip making the PS5 and go full third party

Seriously though, it’s kinda ironic that MS got what they wanted from entering into the console space, with Sony benefiting, all while so many still only think on terms of winning some imaginary war.

1 Like

Well said!

Its gonna be great when its no longer about my box is better than yours in the near future.

Though on the other hand I dread it turning from plastic box wars into my subscription is better than yours. I’d love to be wrong about it.

I guess there’s no need for me to get a PS5 then, eh? That’s how this works right? We all magically have Gaming rigs and use this as a HA! moment on the competion? /s

Anyhow, this is a great move. I hope they do a Play Anywhere move and let me get my games on both. I have a gaming laptop and so being able to take it on the go which would be nice.

2 Likes

Looking forward to seeing what development studios Sony acquires. My top two are - Housemarque and Bluepoint Games. Expecting Sony to put all of their exclusives on PC (and PS Now) day one by the time the PlayStation 5 generation ends.

Looking forward to seeing what else they bring over to PC. Bloodborne would be massive.

Sony made a mistake by highlighting Exclusives as the best feature on PS, The company now is hesitating to bring it games to a bigger market because that’ll harm its console business.

If Sony’s first party creators benefit from the increased sales it has to be a good thing. In my experience prosperity and associated time to gestate ideas are foster creativity.

Besides, console people and PC people are practically races apart. Few console couch players are really going to migrate to PC or vice versa.

They will probably never seriously support PC. Just port some stuff over before it sees a sequel like Horizon. I expect to see a God of War PC port in the next year or two in preparation for the sequel. Same goes for Spider-Man. But you won’t see anything PS5 for quite awhile