Shpeshal Nick was right! Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamer edition coming to Xbox!

CHRONO CROSS: THE RADICAL DREAMERS EDITION | Announce Trailer - YouTube

chrono-cross-switch-remaster.jpg (1920×1004) (animecorner.me)

As predicted by Shpeshal Nick on the XboxEra podcast!

“CHRONO CROSS: THE RADICAL DREAMERS EDITION” is a remaster of “CHRONO CROSS”, including new features such as 3D models converted to HD, higher-quality background music, and battle enhancement features. Also includes the game that formed the bedrock of the story, “RADICAL DREAMERS - Le Trésor Interdit -”

With over 40 party members to meet, people and dimensions will intertwine in this epic drama about the planet itself.

CHRONO CROSS: THE RADICAL DREAMERS EDITION is available April 7th on Xbox One!

8 Likes

So much for those who thought this was exclusive to playstation this is great :phil_lmao:

2 Likes

Thought Nick assumed it wasn’t coming

1 Like

Resetera rumors regarding Playstation exclusivity are always wrong. There was a rumor DMC5 would be a PS4 exclusive (and use Unreal Engine. The mods should have shut that thread right then and there but they acted like it was legit.), of course, the rumor that FF Origin would be a PS5 exclusive, and the rumor that this was a PS5 exclusive remake. There are no Sony Insiders, they are all fanboys propping up the console with fake rumors. It is the same for anytime you hear about MGS Remake or Silent Hill. They are not happening.

He said he was told it was multiplat. That’s it. He just assumed it wasn’t coming to Xbox because it’s a JRPG (and from Square).

4 Likes

I know sony are deaperate for timed exclusives but them paying SE to keep a 20 yrar old ps1 game remaster off xbox would be a new low even for Sony.

I think journalists in general get some information about a new upcoming RPG from Square Enix and automatically assume it’ll be exclusive to PlayStation just because, even if they don’t have any real information to confirm that.

2 Likes

I actively dislike this game…but 20 bucks isn’t much and I’ve always been curious Radical Dreamers and I want to support JRPGs on Xbox… Guess I’ll flip a coin?

1 Like

I was expecting this game to be around $30 but for $20 im willing to buy it day one. For reference the old downloadable PS3 version is $10.

1 Like

I assumed it wasn’t coming to Xbox, but I was told (and said on the pod) that it was Multiplat.

Of course when you hear multiplat and JRPG you assume no Xbox lol

4 Likes

When it was announced for switch i knew it wasnt sony exclusive. So makes sense.

I had to correct a journalist today that Elden Ring was not a PlayStation exclusive. They are deep into the Cult and just assume a lot of things. Quite shockingly bad at their jobs.

3 Likes

Sad but true!

3 Likes

Who the fuck was that? Should have thrown an xbox copy of elden ring at their face

1 Like

I kinda agree, it was kinda “meh” when I played it. I think I got frustrated trying to recruit some characters and with the color battle system. Probably worth it for the soundtrack though.

It seems like they’ve learned some things from the FFVIII and IX remasters. They’re doing a lot for it so it all comes together well.

Can you play this game without playing the first one?

The soundtrack is great. I remember purchasing the imported CD collection as soon as it was available back in the day. I still have it actually.

Yes, the stories are mostly unrelated.

1 Like

What SheepDip said but also Chrono Trigger is one of the greatest games of all time so you’re doing yourself a disservice :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

What’s the cost on this?