Should I buy LG CX with only original Xbox One or wait for Series X?

Hey, I thought about you seeing this good thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/ifog4s/lg_20172020_oleds_ultimate_calibrated_settings/

It might help you if you want to have better calibration settings.

Tell me what you think.

1 Like

Can’t go wrong with either a CX or C9.

Thanks. Will try when get home

My current setting is below but I think the color looks colourless, dull. Everyone say this is the correct color but I dont know …

Game Mode

Oled light 60

Contrast 85

Brightness 50

Color 55

Sharpness 12

Tint 0

Warm 1

Dynamic contrast off

Super resolution off

Color gamut auto

Gamma 2.2

Noise reduction off

Black level LOW (xbox RGB standard/low)

Motion eyecare off

AI/Eco off

Luminance logo high

You’re welcome! Maybe due to the warm try set at 2

Warm 2 just makes it looks more yellowish, dont affect the dull color I mention. Maybe my eyes were too familar with more pop, a bit saturated color? I really like the color on HDR content on youtube!

Ah probably maybe you need to get used to. Saw you have dynamic contrast off. Try it on to see.

Lol It is a bit hard to calibrate and your eyes may have been used to your previous settings on your old tv. It was the same for me at the beginning with my previous tv.

In fact that is why I generally don’t alter the settings to not mess it up. I leave it like it is.

Tell me if you find a solution.

For SDR game, I think this can work for my eyes, right or wrong though lol. Never seen anyone set the color as high as me …

Color 65

Dynamic contrast off

Color gamut auto

Warm 1

Lol You like high colored picture?

I dont know why 55 looks dull for me :joy: I upgraded from the old Toshiba LED that doesnt even have game mode.

Lol your eyes are not tired after such exposition?

No it’s not that high. I think it looks similar to the color on my Samsung Galaxy?

If it’s fine for you I don’t see any issues. With time hope you will find better settings more appropriate. When XSX come you will marvel the gorgeous colors. So how you find the CX?

I really like the HDR content on youtube. For SDR content I think I need more time to adjust and stick with it.

I really really love the color on all of HDR content on youtube. And when set the color 55 on SDR, I just feel not satisfied. That’s why I increase the color to make it looks more similar to color on HDR content.

@The_Xboxer Yo! I finally decide to stick with this SDR game setting. I think it looks amazing. Dont change temperature too much and it will not look yellowish anymore.

Oled light 70

Contrast 90

Brightness 50

Color 55

Sharpness 0

Tint 0

Warm 2

Dynamic contrast off

Super resolution off

Color gamut auto

Gamma 2.2

Noise reduction off

Black level LOW (xbox RGB standard/low)

Motion eyecare off

AI/Eco off

Luminance logo high

For SDR content I mostly watch anime. I use the same setting above with Filmaker mode and Oled light 60.

Btw is there an option to turn off the count down pop-up when use voice control on CX? I am using “screen off” a lot but everytime there is a 5s count down pop-up. Edit: I guess that is how screen off works. Even do it manually will have a 5s pop up

1 Like

Im very interested in this TV… but I’m a bit worried about the talk about burn-in. This would be the main TV in the house and get a lot of use, is it better to go with a QLED for me?

You guys think it’s worth upgrading from a B7 to CX even though my B7 works fine haha?

Burn in is a non issue with modern OLED TVs they have features to mitigate it. Rtings.com tested OLED burn in and after 2000 hours of CoD WWII constantly on the screen there was zero burn in.

I will however say this as I have said on other threads, it is now confirmed that the LG CX and Sony Z8H will NOT give you the full feature set of the XSX, both these TVs only have 40gbps HDMI 2.1 where the standard is 48gbps. This means that they are incapable of 4k 120 with 10bit colour and HDR at the same time.

I’m unsure how it will work with the CX but with the Sony Z8H you have to choose between 4k 120 with no HDR or 4k 60 with all features.

Thanks! No need to worry about burn-in then it seems.

However, your second paragraph makes this TV a no-go for me. I had no idea, so again thanks. Any idea which TV to look at for full use of the Series X features?

Cool! Glad to know you’re happy with your settings. I don’t use voice control sorry.

With HDMI 2.1 support such as Series X/PS5, CX can run 4k 120fps hdr. Both C9 and CX are 10 bit pannel. 48gpbs is for 12 bit and there we will never have 12 bit game so worry not.

Also CX has Freesync Premium. Series X will support both VRR and Freesync Premium.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OLED/comments/ifbin6/is_it_possible_to_run_4k_120hz_gsyncvrr_with_hdr/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=tp_title

You can do more research and decide. I did and chose CX.

1 Like