Senua's Saga: Hellblade II | Preview Round Up

Looks amazing, one game I will play and enjoy and ignore all the fodder and console wars about it.

I’d suggest others do the same to keep their sanity cause this is going to get the Starfield treatment by the media and fanboys.

Here is the thing you can be perfectly happy and enjoy Xbox and Xbox games and ignore the media and social media about Xbox and nothing will change accept you will have a better time playing and not stress out over the “perception” and “narrative” that will be thrown about cause Sony fans are just fucking insecure and nutty

3 Likes

It’s fair to criticise the suits for losing their touch but I won’t hear a word against our developers. Glad to see Ninja Theory have another banger on their hands, I never doubted them. Xbox’s answer to God Of War.

I’m in the exact same situation as you in every sense.

I think I need to start playing it immediately to give it enough time between games. When I was younger I made the mistake of first-time watching Back to the Future 2 and 3 back to back and that screwed me up. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I need some time in between to properly process each experience. I’ll try to finish it by the end of April.

1 Like

30FPS on Xbox Series X is disappointing but not surprising. I am hoping the black bars are not in the full game or can be turned off because to be in a wide screen format despite my LG CX OLED being a wide screen TV makes this even more disappointing. Meh. Oh well, whatever.

A little extra sauce for you all:

https://x.com/souls_ninja/status/1775892625876476397?s=20

I think it looks phenomenal. It’s not a competitive shooter :wink:

5 Likes

Most of the noise on this is coming from Twitter idiots who are probably playing their games on TVs with massive input lag so wouldn’t notice anyway.

As you say for the type of game it is 30FPS will be fine.

Sounds like they’ve dialled the immersion for this one up to 10. Can’t wait to play it.

5 Likes

Agreed. I used to do this thing where when a sequel to a film series was coming out, I’d binge the previous movies in one day and then go see the new one in the theatre that same evening.

I don’t do that anymore for the exact reason you’re mentioning. And not only do I want some time to process the old movies, but it also takes away from the experience of the new one having experienced something similar so recently.

So, yeah, finishing the original sooner rather than later sounds like a plan. :+1:

1 Like

It’ll be hilarious if it’s the same folks who is enjoying DD2.

Man this looks great, pretty hyped up for this one. What a nice surprise the previews dropping now, I thought we wouldn’t see these until early May.

Its dissapointing more for the negative xbox discourse than the actual game.

But limiting the gsme to 30 suggests to me the combat isnt going to be that much better than the first.

1 Like

The combat sounds great, always impactful and heavy, and brutal.

I really hope there’s gore, it honestly just begs for it. At the very least plenty blood, haha.

It looks amazing. No argument there. Just disappointed the option for 60 isn’t there when four years ago, you have everyone from Phil to Greenberg to everyone else in between stating that 60fps will be standard for Series X. They should have said that PC was the standard for 60 which would have been more accurate. Also, if Hellblade 2 is 60FPS on PC, then Ninja Theory’s argument about being a cinematic 24FPS experience is bullshit because why not lock it on PC to 30 if you want that 24FPS cinematic experience. All smoke and mirrors to me.

The reason it’s 30 on console is because it can’t look as good as they want above that. Most PC’s will probably struggle to run it “top spec” and hit high framerates, especially ones that cost around $500 like a console. Just think about it logically, these consoles are “cheap” pcs that are decently performant for the cost.

7 Likes

Just remembered not long ago there were rumors suggesting internal Microsoft estimates put the game at 90+ MC score. Just listening to a preview and could be. Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Perhaps but when I see games like Cyberpunk 2077, Horizon Forbidden West, God of War Ragnarok, Avatar and others which are wide linear or full fledged open world games running at 60FPS with no black bars, im sorry but I don’t see how a smaller linear corridor based game like the first game can’t hit 60FPS just because it has great character models and characters.

I personally expect more from Microsoft and their studios this generation and one of the main things I ask for is 60FPS on Xbox Series X. I can’t be the only one here who spent money on an Xbox Series X this generation and expects more especially when you see what the hardware is capable of on paper.

I just wish they gave me the option for 60FPS. And having black bars on my already wide screen TV doesn’t help. Makes me think what if they didn’t have the black bars? Would it even be 30FPS?

1 Like

The examples that you gave are huge AAA/big budget games (for reference Ragnarok was made by 9 studios) also all 4 were cross-gen games and run on different engines. HB2 is made by a relatively small studio in comparison with different design choices/philosophy than the games above.

Also expect more 30fps going forward from AAA games, we are past the “easy to include performance modes” cross-gen period. Don’t be surprised if Naughty Dog’s next game is 30fps only too.

6 Likes

The hardware is and has always been sub a 2080 super. For actual next-gen only titles you’re not getting top tier looks/mechanics and 60fps.

5 Likes

MS internal reviewers shouldnt be taken seriously after redfall. But for the sake of the narrative i do hope it scores high

6 Likes

No but sonys first party games offer a 60fps option even if they dont look as good

Which is why i dont think thr combat is all that important in this game from a gameplay standpoint but more of a cinematic standpoint.

1 Like