Sega Sammy is splitting its gaming business into two separate entities, shake up on the corporate board

Thank you.

if it happens it happens but please just relax. So much noise this week that we already had Playtonic deny again for a second time any kind of acquisition and that studio from Barcelona too.

Bah, nothing fun ever happens.

Maybe this meeting back in 2018 started something:

1 Like

Yep! Itā€™s a done deal! Hang up the banners and break out the Bubbly, everyone!

2 Likes
1 Like

If youā€™re actually asking, no Iā€™m not serious. The possibility of Microsoft buying Sega is probably like 30%. But I find this ā€œIā€™m going to tell you all what you can discuss and I say quit having fun on message boards because the rest of the internet wonā€™t like itā€ post made about 6 times in an hour to be super off-putting. Maybe chill on that stuff a bit, eh?

4 Likes

I get exactly where youā€™re coming from I do.

However, I think for the long term health of the community itā€™s best to be a little reserved on things.

I never really thought that you though MS was going after Sega. I was having fun shitposting memes are you were having shitposting your stuff.

However, I do worry (but not really worry) about the longterm health of XboxERA because letā€™s be honest:

This place is barren AF. Weā€™re getting better, but itsā€™ super small and niche. I want this community to grow and be just as active as places like OtherERA. We were can have long nice drawn out converstations with multitude of people, instead of like the same five or six people.

But I totally get where you are coming from. You want to have fun. I want to have fun too.

I just donā€™t want the fun to be around the same dozen of so people because nobody else joins becuase everybody thinks weā€™re weirdos.

1 Like

Honestly, I never thought of and still donā€™t think of this place as barren at all. I check it every couple hours and thereā€™s always new posts. Iā€™m ok with a ā€œsmallerā€ community though. I think expanding it lets in too much riff-raff (like OtherEra). But itā€™s not my site. :man_shrugging:

I get where youā€™re coming from, but itā€™s a personal preference kind of thing.

At least this place isnā€™t OtherERA. My lord between the Acquistion rumor yesterday, and todayā€™s Sega news, you can see people meltdown in real time. People were calling us ā€œcorporate bootlickersā€

Man, that place is SOMETHING I tell you what.

2 Likes

Hate to break it to you but this type of restructuring is rarely done for reasons other than making acquisition accounting/messaging easier. I get the idea of not wanting to be crazy like resetera but this is also a huge indication of whatā€™s going to happen to Segaā€™s non-pachinko arm.

5 Likes

That Gamemastu guy says other wise.

So does my dad he works at Nintendo, in all honesty all these online insiders wonā€™t know shit on who is being bought. Yes they might know something is happening but not who. I highly doubt Phil is telling people what heā€™s planning on doing. What I think all these insiders get their info is if letā€™s say thereā€™s a meeting and a worker happen to notice something then tweet at these insiders.

I wonā€™t put in any faith into what people say because theyā€™re just educated guesses most likely based on shaky info. Itā€™s not hard to say omg I heard thereā€™s something big happening then just wait for the next big thing then post see :smirk:.

Like the leaks of the Series X and S console price, that wasnā€™t an insider knowledge thing. I know exactly where it came from and Iā€™m not an insider.

Lol I remember people trying to figure out the Series X being $600 because of the Chips Ahoy contest and trying to math it.

Yeah that was funny, the price was from a MS owned website which is hilarious. It was basically a media Xbox series X and S source website for all the info on the consoles, launch and even ea play coming to game pass.

Thinking about it now, thatā€™s probably how it leaked with the EA thing. Marketing team knew about it and someone probably messaged/talked about it and spread.

Cha ching, time for MS to close the deal on Sega

1 Like

I would much rather see Microsoft acquire Capcom or Square Enix before Sega for the simple reason that those two publishers have far more IPā€™s that im interested in playing. Sega not so much.