Sega Emphasizes PC (Steam) and Console Ports After Persona 4 Golden Success, Talking With Platform Holders for New Games

Damn, I picked up a PS4 not too long ago, and I’m a few hours into P5R and absolutely loving it, but I’d definitely be willing to start over if I could play it on my Xbox with achievements and all!

[quote=“TechnicPuppet, post:1, topic:1685”] … fund the cost of the port with GamePass.

Q: “Persona 4 the Golden” has been selling well on Steam, but do you have any plans to sell newly released games on Steam as well? A: We remastered “Persona 4 the Golden”, a title previously sold on the PlayStation Vita, and released it for sale on Steam this fiscal year. Because of the game’s critical acclaim and its low selling price, sales were much stronger than expected. We will continue to actively promote porting previously released titles to Steam and new platforms. We are also negotiating with platform holders for new games in the future, and we’re considering ways to sell under favorable conditions for each title. Among them are measures such as preparing PC versions of the titles from the beginning, with multi-platform releases in mind.

Bring It To GamePass PHIL!!! JUST DO IT!!

1 Like

Pretty sure the third party announcement for GP is Sega. Now, the only question is whether Sega cares enough to bring Atlus into line