Sega Emphasizes PC (Steam) and Console Ports After Persona 4 Golden Success, Talking With Platform Holders for New Games

This sounds promising, it would be great to Persona on Xbox. These free Japanese exclusives on Pkaystation have been getting chipped away at all gen. The platform’s are all so similar now it really doesn’t make much sense. Especially if MS fund the cost of the port with GamePass.

Q: “Persona 4 the Golden” has been selling well on Steam, but do you have any plans to sell newly released games on Steam as well?

A: We remastered “Persona 4 the Golden”, a title previously sold on the PlayStation Vita, and released it for sale on Steam this fiscal year. Because of the game’s critical acclaim and its low selling price, sales were much stronger than expected. We will continue to actively promote porting previously released titles to Steam and new platforms. We are also negotiating with platform holders for new games in the future, and we’re considering ways to sell under favorable conditions for each title. Among them are measures such as preparing PC versions of the titles from the beginning, with multi-platform releases in mind.

2 Likes

Hopefully this does mean Persona. I’ve been playing P5R and I think Xbox users would love it. Fantastic game

I could see Scramble on game pass but we’d need Persona 5 first

Ohhhhh yeah baby…

And what if the Microsoft Gamepass partnership is with Sega, bringing the Persona series to Xbox AND granting that every Sega release will be available on Xbox platform.

I think I own a Persona game on Vita but never got round to playing it. It’s chicken and egg with Japanese games on Xbox. The publishers need to get the games on there on time every time and really build up that audience.

I could definitely see Golden appearing first then.

Persona 5 Royal on Gamepass would be huge. Maybe Microsoft will do what they did with Yakuza and get Persona 4 and 5. They seem to have a good relationship.

3 Likes

It would be, especially if it was this year.

I really want to see Persona 5 on Xbox, I’m dying to play that game.

Give us that Nocturne HD remaster please. I dont want to buy a Playstation or Nintendo platform ever again

Please and thank you

Is that really a question for Atlas?

Just bring it already!

I hope to see the older SMT games on Xbox.

Bring back Panzer Dragoon Saga you cowards!

3 Likes

Now c’mon now, we all know that the first Persona game we need on Xbox is the dancing spinoff lol. On a more serious note I’m really hoping for the Nocturne remaster - that game looks beautiful at any resolution but I’m curious to see how it would look at 4K. P4 Golden is the obvious choice though- love that game.

I always thought Atlus is doing their on thing. That being said getting Persona would be great. Hopefully we get Yakuza collection and 6 before Yakuza:Like a Dragon.

Not even surprised it took this long to realise oh shit look at all the money we are leaving on the table. Nevertheless this is a good thing to hear from the company that I have always thought would never change their ways.

I honestly think the big third party publisher shinobi was talking about for games pass is sega. Been way to many rumours about xbox and sega partnerships for it not to be true. Where there is smoke there’s always a fire

Persona 4/5 on Xbox? Playable with GamePass?

Man… do I dare dream?

Not going to get my hopes up. But I remember saying something similar about DQXI when that was first released…

1 Like

Won’t be on GP right away, but I would expect Persona to show up in the next year or so

Bring them all please. I’ll happily buy them.