Sea of Thieves: A Pirate's Life revealed - releasing June 22nd

For me, if the sword combat can be refined in terms of ‘visual feedback’ (i.e. enemies reacting to your attacks), it would help considerably.

1 Like

TT3-5 are especially good if you have familiarity with characters from the other main TT’s in the game (there are 11 of them besides the Disney stuff).

1 Like

There are some good tip videos online for using the sword effectively. There is actually a bit more to it than it seems at first. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the info - I started playing SoT just for this story expansion.

Would you recommend to check out the previous Tall Tales for a newcomer like me? Also, are they ‘linear’ like the Tales in this expansion?

1 Like

If ya have time to yeah. There is 1 pseudo TT (Maiden Voyage) which is a rly good tutorial to the game and introduces an important story character. Then a set of 9 TT’s that I friggin love personally (great mix of story, lore, characters an really varied puzzles/platforming/combat). Then there are 2 others that are also really cool an even tie back into Rare’s very first game some 30+ yrs ago. These aren’t as bespoke for the story presentation as the Disney stuff is but still are really great across the board.

2 Likes

Yeah, I did the Maiden Voyage - a good tutorial.

Based on your playtime - how long is each Tall Tale? I ask because I have found the 1st and 2nd Tales for a Pirate’s Life to be quite lengthy, especially if you are playing it solo.

They are typically a little bit longer I’d say than the Disney ones are. I would definitely try finding a crew to do them though to make some of them easier. Some might be really, really tough to o solo.

Oh great - don’t have any friends who play this game.

1 Like

Might be able to find some folks here on XboxEra. I wouldn’t mind playing through the TT’s again myself if ya can find another person or two. Feel free to ad me. GT: tavishhill2003

2 Likes

Anybody else get a lot of screen tear on the first chapter?

I’m on Series X btw

That would be great. Appreciate the invite :+1:

2 Likes

Yup it has lots of tearing in the new content. Reason is unknown atm. The normal game is not like that.

Yeah I must admit it was a bit off putting at times, I enjoyed the first chapter anyways

1 Like

Yeah I know I am insider since the begining of the game & saw various ones in the past and even tried some tricks and thanks to 60fps on Series X it is way way better for real than before…Very responsive and more fluid…But I would love more options & variety tbh with the sword. Maybe they will bring it based on sword combat in another superb extension like this one.

3 Likes