S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 releases April 28, 2022 for Xbox Series X|S and Windows 10 PCs

Originally published at: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 releases April 28, 2022 for Xbox Series X|S and Windows 10 PCs - XboxEra

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 is coming to Xbox Series X|S and Windows 10 PCs on April 28, 2022, releasing straight into Game Pass for console and PC.

The award-winning PC franchise loved by millions of players is making a true next-gen console debut with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl. Experience a unique blend of first-person shooter, immersive sim and horror.

The Chernobyl Exclusion Zone is a unique, dangerous and ever-changing environment. It promises a lot — the artifacts of unbelievable value can be yours if you dare to claim them. The price you may pay, on the other hand, is no less than your own life.

One of the biggest open-worlds to date, filled with radiation, mutants and anomalies, is yours to explore. All the choices across the way not only define your own epic story, but influence the future itself. Be mindful about what you see, do and plan, as you will have to find your way through the Zone or be forever lost to it.

9 Likes

It literally blew my mind.

2 Likes

This looked really good.

1 Like

I really need to watch this thing again in the 4K on demand because several games looked amazing even with the crappy Youtube 1080 stream compression :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is the most viewed trailer from the show. I had no idea this franchise was so popular. I wonder if this is one of the IP’s MS are trying to get their hands on?

3 Likes

fuck it’s all coming back

Stalker was one of the few key games that turned me into a PC gaming. The bleak ambience the sense of despair the sense of relief when you reached a safe point. In a way it reminded me of Halo because sometimes unexpected shit happens and you don’t know if it was scripted or luck. But in a open world. If you are up for a challenge I recommend you to get the first game in steam. I wish they made a remake. Very happy it is coming to Xbox first.

3 Likes

Trailer has more views than Halo Infinite MP & Starfield put together.

I don’t think Microsoft realized what a juggernaut this franchise could be, should of locked down a harder exclusive window haha.

Indie scene looks amazing for this generation !

YT views are not everything, it’s only a factor among many (considering Starfield first teaser is in the 10s of millions, like last year Halo trailer). The main reason behind the hype are the 15 years from last game.

It’s a decent indicator for hype levels in my opinion. It’s the successor to a cult classic, I think it’s going to really surprise people and break out.

2 Likes

This was such a great trailer…of course it helped that the game looks absolutely bonkers! this is the kind of game that I want to see from Xbox this generation. Can’t wait to play this beauty!

Beefy boi.

2 Likes

Me looking for the Xbox SSD expansion card:

“Good hunting, Stalker.”

2 Likes

Is this series like Metro?

It has similarities to the newest one and that’s not a surprise since 4A was formed from the developers who left the current devs of the game.

2 Likes

The Stalker 2 trailer looked great especially all the electricity at the end. Looking forward to playing this next April.

3 Likes

I hope a possible downgrade won’t be too bad. I remember how amazing Metro Exodus looked in its first reveal during the Xbox show a few years ago, but some parts were downgraded quite significantly.

We also now know Stalker 2 was not running off XSX here, since DF says the Dev is going for 4K/30 with raytracing here on XSX. Alex thinks the XSX version will have some lower effects and resolution.