S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 : Heart of Chornobyl — Come to Me Official Trailer (PC, Xbox Series X|S, GamePass Day One)

They relocated their studio to the Czech Republic or one of the countries in that part of Europe very shortly after the invasion.

2 Likes

Metro came from Stalker lol

2 Likes

The last trailer had that one mutant teleporting, so jokes on you.

2 Likes

Can’t wait. The 1st game for all its flaws and bugs was amazing and the outdoor environment in this look stunning. Hope we get a date soon

2 Likes

They have still lots of devs all over their offices in Ukraine.

1 Like

The Stalker games come from a book and a movie with the same name, both really different, only slightly relating to each other. But they all have this kind of old soviet supernatural Sci Fi elements, sometimes creatures, monsters or aliens.

Metro is inspired by this soviet Sci Fi genre also. Dmitri Gloukhovski, the book author took inspiration from his daily commute in the Moscow metro when he was going to school as a teenager and also many of these Sci Fi books and films like Solaris and Stalker.

Yeah, most devs can’t leave Ukraine because of the war. Some are working from home.

https://twitter.com/stalker_thegame/status/1607811962469056512

https://twitter.com/stalker_thegame/status/1607859141791420418?cxt=HHwWhMC8tdzXodAsAAAA

4 Likes

Great trailer. But sucks theres no dste.

1 Like

1.1 Million views in less than 24 hours on YT IGN channel.

350K on the main GSC game world channel.

Not bad.

2 Likes

Yeah I knew it existed, but never played it. :slight_smile:

That I know.

Forgot about that.

3 Likes

135k on the Xbox channel, which honestly it’s about as much as I would expect even if they did get the video out at the same time. It’s like the later Persona trailers on the channel that only got about third of the views the original announcement did.

3 Likes

As long as the game is not a complete disaster, I am predicting that we will be hearing that game has done very good numbers on Game Pass and PC.

Also I think this game might be getting the IGN First treatment soon.

2 Likes

Sorry for promoting the game so much !

I’m so excited, and since I played these games a long time ago and only really finished the first one, I dug into the lore and the story which is surprisingly deep and intriguing with a lot of stuff that isn’t properly explained and yet remains fascinating, especially the stuff about the experiments, C-Consciousness and the Noosphere.

I recommend this video in particular. It’s a bit long but it is worth it. You only really need to watch this one to get all you need to know before S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2.

6 Likes

This is great, thank you.

Never played the first one, but was wondering how important knowledge of that story is for 2.

Also if true that this is planned for June, wow.

3 Likes

It’s important to note before going in that the second game (Clear Sky) takes place before the first one (Shadow of Chernobyl) and the last one (Call of Prypiat) a little bit after the first, so you’re not confused while listening.

There’s a lot of lore that isn’t really central to the games, that happen before, between or after the games, so it’s only that, a timeline that tries to piece everything together.

From the trailer, we could see some familiar faces and some other characters are supposedly still alive at the end so it will be interesting to see if we’ll meet some of them. It’s probable we will.

3 Likes

I don’t think that the knowledge of any of those are required. There are some references but they are more “mythical” like. Though the original game was all about “mythical” characters anyway.

3 Likes

Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl is a fantastic game. Played it when it came out. It is one of the best atmospheric games till date. And was way ahead of its time. The bullets has physics, you have to maintain the guns and the ammo, you can almost feel the jank of the post apocalyptic setting. You have to be very resourceful and careful or else you are dead. Graphically it still looks great. You needed a beast of a PC to run this game.

This was the game though which I came to know about the Chernobyl disaster.

2 Likes

Still I would recommend playing Shadow of Chernobyl first.

2 Likes

Call of Pripyat was also good. One thing that I loved there - aside bigger locations - is that unlike SoC you did not need to read PDA first in order to find secret stash. You could do it yourself by exploring the map.

1 Like

Agree.

But to me because of the fact you have to constantly look at the PDA to navigate and detect anomalies and detecting enemies lended to its brutal atmosphere. You kind of feel the physicality and struggle in the world.