Rumor/grain of salt: This possible Starfield leak might be legit. Artwork & screenshot

Another image leak:

1 Like

Interesting! I wonder who is leaking this and why. So very soon after the acquisition news and all, not a coincidence.

It’s clearly missing a lot of things too, lighting, other objects, etc. If this is again from the alleged 2018 build I guess this leaker is no longer part of the project otherwise he/she would have more recent shots.

Anyway, this is interesting too. I guess we have a actual legit leak now then.

2 Likes

If these were leaked on purpose by MS themselves, you’d think they would leak some more “flattering” pictures. Not this WIP, allegedly 2018 stuff.

Personally I don’t think this is their doing.

Saw Matty’s video. I definitely share his view on the settlement stuff. If it’s just optional and in one location , fine. But please let their be tons of handcrafted locations, it’s what they shine at. Cool cities or small towns, give us a great game world.

1 Like

I would love to have giant cities with lots of story plots. I want less No Man Sky and more Mass Effect in Starfield.

1 Like

This so much!

Handcrafted stuff is what BGS excels at. Not what we as users make imo. This is Todd Howard’s dream game, it has been ever since he started working at BGS. I really doubt that wouldn’t include some really cool cities or towns with NPCs, stores etc.

I do expect there to be settlement stuff like in F4 and 76, but all optional and shouldn’t be much of a focus at all.

2 Likes

I wonder what the scale of this game will be. I’m actually thinking it may be just one planet and then there will be moons and space stations surrounding it.

Also as someone who was not a fan of the settlement system in fallout 4 and the base building system in Fallout 76 I really hope any type of space station building mechanic they inevitably have is of little focus on the overall game experience.

One thing that is always a highlight in every BGS game is the amazing worlds they craft. Even though Fallout 76 is a controversial game, I still loved walking around and exploring West Virginia so much so I actually forgave some of the games faults.

I think they will still create yet another compelling world since they haven’t made a bad one yet IMO, but now they should focus on things they have lacked in the past like more engaging RPG mechanics and better overall story writing and choices. But it needs to be said that individual characters in BGS are still good even in less than favorable games like Fallout 4 (Nick Valentine, Piper, and Danse being the most memorable for me).

2 Likes

I’d love it to be more like a Suikoden or Dragon Age Inquisition situation except with more building capabilities. Aka, building up a town/city/base for end game purposes but with more customizability.