Rumor: Capcom hit by ransomware; several gaming leaks, Resident Evil VIII supposedly releasing on April

On November 4 it was reported that Capcom was hit by a ransomware and had 1TB of sensitive data allegedly stolen. From Capcom itself:

Beginning in the early morning hours of November 2, 2020 some of the Capcom Group networks experienced issues that affected access to certain systems, including email and file servers. The company has confirmed that this was due to unauthorized access carried out by a third party, and that it has halted some operations of its internal networks as of November 2. Capcom expressed its deepest regret for any inconvenience this may cause to its various stakeholders. Further, it stated that at present there is no indication that any customer information was breached. This incident has not affected connections for playing the company’s games online or access to its various websites.

Presently, Capcom is consulting with the police as well as other related authorities while both carrying out an investigation and taking measures to restore its systems. The company will continue to offer relevant updates as the facts become clear, via its websites and other means.

Apparently some of the stolen stuff is being released on 4chan, including some leaks regarding game projects:

• Resident Evil: Village is planned to be released on April 2021 on both new-gen and last-gen. There are plans for a demo prior to launch;
  • Resident Evil 4 VR;
  • New Multiplayer Resident Evil is planned with Battle Royale elements;
  • Monster Hunter: Rise is planned to be released on PC on October 2021. There are plans for two demos for the Nintendo Switch, one in January and another one in March;
  • Monster Hunter Stories 2 is targeting a June 2021 Nintendo Switch and PC release;
  • Shield is allegedly a new multiplayer shooter targeted for streamers;
  • New Ace Attorney Collection is planned to be released on PS4 and Nintendo Switch.

2 Likes

I will be shocked if RE VIII releases in April. It’s day one for me whenever it releases so it doesn’t matter and I can see that im going with the Disc Version as that $25 DLC Pack sounds bad. Oh well, better for me.

I wish a leak would confirm Dino Crisis coming back but sadly, that looks like it’s never ever coming back. :frowning:

A new Ace Attorney collection is nice but pretty disappointing they are skipping Xbox again. At least my Switch gets new fodder.

1 Like

‘Shield’ frightens me. Capcom doesn’t know how to do MP GAAS.

Again? The last collection was on Xbox

1 Like

Isn’t monster hunter world their most successful game this generation? That’s a multiplayer GaaS of sorts right?

So when’s the Viewtiful Joe collection???

2 Likes

Oh wow- forgot about that game. Would be nice to revisit that!

Sony paid 5 million to keep RE7 vr mode off of pc WOW. What a waste of money. I would love to know how much money sony spends on stupid money hats like this

2 Likes

Shame Monster Hunter is not hitting other console platforms. Would love to see Rise on Series X.

3 Likes

Ok Capcom. Buzz off with that nonsense. You do bring the first collection to Xbox and it’s great and then the next one skips Xbox again.

Truly miss me with that bullshit.

Maybe Xbox gets a digital only release?

4 Likes

I think the Ace Attorney Collection 2 will be coming to Xbox. Note that the picture shown is for the Japanese version of the game, it would make sense if they just skipped Xbox for Japan because of low sales. But since the first collection was on Xbox, I definitely think the second will be on Xbox as well.

2 Likes

the AA image also specifically says “no physical release outside of japan” from what others have said so there would’nt be a box to show for an xbox version which would most definitely be a western only release.

That would be good enough for me

No word on DGS1-2 for Xbox yet. PS4/NSW/PC only so far. Would be an unfortunate miss. Great series. Did Capcom ever put AA Trilogy on Game Pass?

Apparently one of the slides explicitly says no Xbox because AAT didn’t sell well on XB1. AAT would have done well on Xbox if it was on Game Pass I think.