Rumor: Bloodborne PC Port imminent?

I’ve been following this channel for a while and he’s very reasonable, primarily focused on PC but generally gets a lot of things right. And apparently he’s had sources tell him Bloodborne PC is coming in full 60fps glory. He also mentioned it shall come on PS5 as well, although not sure if it’s gonna be a free upgrade or a remaster,

Now, if this is true, I’m gonna be the most goddamn ecstatic. Fromsoftware games are phenomenal, Sekiro is my 2019 GOTY and one of the best games I’ve every played, but consensus always seems to point to Bloodborne still being Fromsoft’s best work to date, so personally, as a PC user, I’m very hopeful this is real and true so I can finally get to play it. I would never want to go play it on a PS4 at an atrocious 30fps, bad loadtimes and frametimes. Also, this means Mod Support, which Fromsoft games benefit hugely from.

He also mentions how this might be part of a general trend we’ll see from Sony in the coming years, releasing their PS4 games on PC (Horizon was the first “test” in that sense), which I think is actually smart on their end, basically getting buttloads of money from older games that have been long shipped and successful on the console, now finding a new audience and more money. Maybe God of War after this?

What do you think? Is this possible and true? If so, will y’all be playing Bloodborne? I know it’s not Xbox, but PC is still a good overlap of audience for Xbox moving forward.

2 Likes

I am not a Souls guy, but know these games are very popular. Would be cool to see more releases.

I’d probably get it. I didn’t really enjoy Dark Souls very much, but people won’t stop talking about how amazing Bloodborne is. I’d see what all the fuss is about.

1 Like

Honestly, im expecting Bloodborne to be released at launch on PS5 and PC as a remaster of the 2015 game.

1 Like

Happy to learn there are some Fromsoftware fans here…

1 Like

Definitely would double dip for 60 fps and solid frame pacing

1 Like

This has been a rumor for years. Very doubtful, but would be great for Ampere purchasers

RGT is pretty bad when it comes to reading the tea leaves tbh. He has a history of telling ppl what they wanna hear. I wouldn’t get too excited just yet. :confused:

1 Like

Please no bloodborne for ps5, as I’ll have to play it again :grin: I’m joking. The Game is phenomenal, the atmosphere is unique and I prefer it to other from software games. I’ve played ds2, ds3, bloodborne and sekiro, and bloodborne is my favorite one.

2 Likes

This has been a rumor for ages that continues to fail to materialize, so I’ll take it with a grain of salt until we actually see something.

Would be great though, Bloodborne is the only Soulsborne game that’s actually grabbed me enough to get me through to the finish line. One of my favorite games ever.

1 Like

being able to play on of the best games of the decade not held back by a PS4 would be a blessing on this world.

just please please please be a better port than Horizon. Ill believe it when i see it tho

1 Like

I’ve not been able to see the joy in a game made around one- or two-hit death design. It’s also frustrating because the atmosphere of the Dark Souls and Bloodborne games is right up my alley! I don’t game for insane difficulty and frustration; I get enough of that with my kid! :crazy_face: I certainly don’t have the patience in my limited gaming spurts to “get gud” with game mechanics like this. So, a PC version with a mod for some survivability would actually pique my interest!

1 Like

@Ruthwik_Rao

We got nothing at the Sony showcase. When it is coming to PC damn it!

I think he played too much Bloodborne :rofl:

1 Like

Cant say I care about BB but Sony not doing anything with it is their version of MS not doing anything with something like KI2 or Banjo 3

Although Bloodborne is worse imo since all they have to do is port it and people will be happy, getting the right devs for KI2 or Banjo is a lot harder to be fair to MS