RTX 3090 - Forza Horizon 4 - 8k @ 60 fps

8K gaming is here!

Exclusive look from Marques Brownlee running Forza Horizon 4 at 8k with 60 frames a second!:exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

He also tests Control as well!

Linus Tech tips has also reviewed RTX 3090!

4 Likes

God damn that’s beautiful, I’m gonna build a PC soon, I got a 2070 card for 300 bucks and I’m waiting for the rest of my parts. The 2070 will be a solid card for me for 2-3 years.

Forza with an IQ like that? Yum.

My God! Look at the size of that “card”

Saying the console doesn’t achieve that is fine but to forget to mention the price difference is not. I think that PC that produced that footage is in the $5000 league which is 10x the price of a Xbox Series X or PS5 but only 4 times the pixel output.

Just sayin’

3 Likes

The problem is that we don’t see the actual 8k here though, right?

Also, can we as humans actually see the difference between 4K and 8K?

That being said, I can’t wait to see FH4 on XSX on my C9.

Is 8k meaningful? I hardly think so but that’s not what i take from these videos.

The key take away is advancement of Tech which is highly capable is present now. Rejoice :upside_down_face:

Strangely the video is only available in 1080P for me on Youtube App on my TV. I’ve checked the app on my TV and Xbox. 1080p and once they show FH4 it’s full of artifacts and blurry, wtf.

1 Like

Yeah, it stinks of being disingenuous; not unlike The Verge and all the gaming media stating the obsolescence of the Series X when the 3090 was announced. Those of us who’ve been gaming for a while know the inherent performance benefits of PC over consoles but we also know that, like you said, the price difference is exponential.

2 Likes

Yup! Its even strange because Tuber said that video will be in 8k.

1 Like

Here’s a quick example of the entry price of an RTX30XX system here in Australia;

Look at that.

OR - you pay $499 or $749 for a VERY GOOD console that will deliver similar-enough results.

Sure, you can buy a cheaper PC but at the moment the narrative seems to be “Just by a 3080…”

2 Likes

I physically shuddered from those costs. The Series X is truly an incredible piece of kit for the cost, and it literally takes minutes of searching PC builds (custom or otherwise) to see that.