Roundup of Playstation News- GT7, God of War delayed, next generation VR, Days Gone and more to PC, Jim Ryan on PSPLUS

Yep, so it’s like EGS Giveaways every week. Then, that’s a very good program lol

It’s completely free as far as I know which is probably why they’re just giving you one five year old game. lol.

1 Like

Still…it’s free. So that’s good!

2 Likes

Epic and Sony partnership coming to fruition!

Yall got Rage 2 this week?

No. I beat it two years ago when it released. Great game so if anyone hasn’t played it, they should give it a chance.

1 Like

The VR news is kinda disappointing. I’d have hoped they would be a lo further along by now. Are they doing foveated rendering or any ML upscale tech hinted at in their camera/HMD-related patents? I’d sure hope so. Just saying it will be ‘better’ and that the controller has haptics is not much meaningful info. I’d kinda expected it to be wireless too. They will never has mass market appeal there with a cord in the way.

Not surprised about their move to PC. They foreshadowed as much in their previous fiscal reports iirc. All the more reason MS should let EGS/Steam exist on Xbox and then find a way to somehow allow XSX to play PC games in a Windows Game Mode or something. Then Xbox gamers get those PS5 games playable on their box too! :stuck_out_tongue:

GoW delay rumor is not surprising. Not sure that counts as confirmed tho. Schreier sounds like he is speculating there. Still, I think they said what their 2021 games were a lil while back in some marketing thing and it didn’t include GoW, so…

The delay for GT7 is kinda surprising. It looks just like Sport with some RT reflections so maybe they wanna up the tech graphics and need time? So for the rest of this year they have Returnal, R&C and Horizon or did I leave something out? Not a bad lineup at all, but at same time also not nearly as strong as they portrayed last Fall. Literally cutting heir AAA 1P releases in half for the year.

Trying to copy Game Pass is a good idea! I’ll be curious to see what major games launch day 1 on it though.

EDIT: Forgot Kena is coming too!

2 Likes

So control ultimate edition was playable for only one month of February?

LOL

Wasn’t today supposed to be the day they bought Bluepoint?

It’s only redeemable for February but as long as you stay a PS Plus member, you have access to it as far as I remember. I don’t have Plus/Gold since I don’t play online so I may be wrong about that.

1 Like

Seems like they feel good about Ratchet and Horizon in 2021 but God of War is on a cliff to 2022

Why would I EVER buy a PS5 when I can play their games on a PC! Rolls eyes

Seriously - I think the PS games to PC is great news.

VR is something I cannot get into.

Not surprised by the delays.

Not a fan of Jim Ryan.

1 Like

There’s a lot of indies coming on Playstation this year that I am looking forward to, like Solar Ash, Kena, Little Devil Inside, Season, Stray, but fortunately for me all of them are day 1 on PC as well.

1 Like

If Sony really did have a Game Pass equivalent-- new first party titles, playable over streaming without having to lay down $400 for the console-- I would be on that like white on rice. That would be amazing. Judging by PS Now though, even if they do try and copy Game Pass it’s going to be the “day late and dollar short” version of Game Pass. :confused:

1 Like

Fair enough. We imagine you’ve got a roadmap for 2021 in terms of the games that you want to release. How fixed is that given the disruptions Covid-19 has caused to development? Returnal recently got pushed back a month.

Yeah, we’re feeling pretty good about Returnal, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart and Horizon Forbidden West.

I doubt Horizon 2 will make it this year, after last year’s announcements from Jimbo I am starting to believe that he is mentioning games at this point just to hype the PS5 more and nothing else. If Horizon 2 releases this year though it will be pretty funny that their biggest game of 2021 will be a cross-gen title. :upside_down_face:

1 Like