Rift Breaker coming day one to gamepass (Console/PC)

And on top of that game looks super nice. Launches this fall on all platforms. There’s also a prologue on Steam/Win10 store called The Riftbreaker: Prologue

7 Likes

Looks really good. I never tried one of these factory sim games, but since it will be on Game Pass I will absolutely play this. Wonder why they announced this with such anticipation.

Mentioned this in another thread, but maybe Xbox is making room for bigger GP announcements during E3 :man_shrugging:t2:

Looks good! Maybe overlooked from that video, they say it supports M/KB on console.

1 Like

Interesting that they only talk about Series consoles and PC on the video, so I think this is a current-gen-only game.

Yeah I noticed that. Pretty cool for the people who want to do that. The game will also have ray traced shadows and ao, which is a surprise and the shadows look lovely.

I’ll play it for the action RPG part, but if the base building is a lot of the game it probably won’t be for me. It does look really nice though.

2 Likes

They said you can be more aggressive, and you can focus more on the Weapons part of the skill tree. That being said, I think it will be unavoidable to engage with the base-building and tower-defense elements of the game.

This game has low-key become one of my most anticipated titles this year, lmao. With this and The Ascent, this year Game Pass will have awesome AA tier titles with incredible visuals day one. Love this trend

1 Like

Yeah, Game Pass is amazing. This is a game I wouldn’t buy soon, if at all, but now with GP I will absolutely try it out.

1 Like

Wish this had a co-op game mode to it, where the base building could be shared by multiple players.

1 Like

honestly this video was so extensive and good that it could easily be a part of the Xbox E3, it showcases the game in detail with gameplay start to end, check, the dev’s comprehensive commentary on top, check, highlights using DX12U features, check, showcases Raytracing being used in very noticeable ways, check, and to round it all off, highlights the fact of coming Day 1 to Gamepass on console AND PC.

This announcement video structure should be the standard for Xbox’s E3 IMO.

3 Likes

apparently that’s coming but post launch.

The game already looks super intense from the sheer quantity of physics, game systems, effects and enemy counts that can happen all at once, I’m sure having extra people on screen doing their own thing might be a bit of a nightmare to optimize right now.

2 Likes

I absolutely loved this format, I’m just thinking it’s a bit too long for an indie game at E3.

3 Likes

Interestingly enough, this game had last-gen versions planned before, I’m wondering what changed.

Before (older trailers):

Now:

I’m wondering if the EU funding and the Game Pass deal has allowed the team to focus exclusively on current-gen and among other things deliver the ray-tracing visuals they showed.

1 Like

It is too long for an Indie game when usually time allowance is tight when E3 showcases are 90 mins at most. A great trailer though and it definitely got me interested in the game.

Just finished the Rift Breaker: Prologue that’s a free download on PC. Pretty enjoyable, definitely has some depth to it. Definitely keen for the full game now.

1 Like

What would be great for shows going forward is to have this fully detailed video available at the same time with a fully interactive main event player.

In the main event stick with a quick 30 second teaser sizzle with an interactive “Click Here for Additional Details” which then plays this style of full video. You could have a “Click here to return to Main Event”. When it’s done or user opts to return, playing returns to the main event immediately after and is on the next item.

This way you can choose your own level of details while still in the flow of a big show.

2 Likes

This looks like the perfect Gamepass game for me.

1 Like

just finished the preview/alpha/prologue, looks and runs great

it gets pretty tense when the hordes start swarming in

2 Likes