Review | Saints Row

Its likely more sarcastic commentary about social media. The fact that many can’t realize that makes it even funnier to me.

3 Likes

It’s supposed to be annoying, and in context it works. They’re an annoying group.

2 Likes

:grimacing:

So now any stock increase can be attributed to the same game. At least according to that logic.

Seriously, stock markets are driven by their own criteria and rumor cycles more so than any actual news.

6 Likes

If it’s “ironic humor” then it’s even worse in my opinion. I am just so tired of that brand of humor.

My brother played the game for a bit on New Zealand and then refunded it lol.

I been watching streamer play Saints Row and the game does not seem that buggy maybe the reviewers had a buggy prerelease version

This was one of my most wanted games, but the low average in review scores made me doubtful, now waiting for a sale I guess…

Watch some streamer is another way to check out a game. because what I seen so far the game look good

I’ll look some up tonight, was there a day 1 update?

I hope they plan on finishing IdolNinja’s Saints Row 2 PC mega patch… Considering, you know, it was his dying wish it gets made. (I’m extremely annoyed they act so silent about the state of this patch).

Day 1 patch just hit

2 Likes

Played this for a few hours today. It wasn’t the GTA killer that I had hoped for but its the best Saints Row game yet, so that’s at least something. It has good graphics but not realistic as Cyberpunk or as detailed as something like Watch Dogs. At the end of the day the biggest appeal to Saints Row is it’s fun factor. The game is enjoyable and has a style. The world of Saints Row is probably best described as action movie vibe. The characters are customizable and I thought voice actor 7 has been doing a good job so far. I’m usually pretty generous with handing out high scores so if GTA5, Cyberpunk, and Watch Dogs trilogy are 10/10 then Saints Row falls short of those by a wide margin so probably a 8.9/10 for me.

4 Likes

Played for about two hours tonight and I love it. It’s very much still the same Saints Row from 2011, in both good and bad ways. I totally see why a lot of people are not feeling it, but this game was made for me. Loving the Southwestern vibe and the city has so much more flavor than Steelport. I am going to 100% this game and be smiling the whole time.

4 Likes

I only had a couple of hours to play so far , but, this is pretty much it for me too.

If you enjoyed any of the previous incarnations (well maybe not if you liked 1 and hated the rest) of SR then you’ll also love this one.

From the start it feels like a SR game. If you love it you love it if you don’t you don’t.

Does seems quite fragile though, in the first hour I was halfway through a mission when I lost the ability to fire a gun!

2 Likes

ACG had a similar issue. Where equipped guns would point the other way and unable to shoot. He had about twenty mission restarts because of bugs.

I’ll update once I’ve got more hours in and a better picture. Didn’t need a full restart in this case as I just died and a restart from the mid-mission checkpoint fixed it.

1 Like

All these crashes and freezes in some games nowadays man.

I am glad as hell that the consoles don’t freeze anymore. Ever since Xbox One this hasn’t been an issue anymore but 360 had plenty freezes with some games, requiring you to reboot the whole thing.

I’ve played for 8 hours and haven’t experienced a single crash. Actually I found everything about it to be a smooth experience. Playing on Series X.

2 Likes

Nice. Sounds like that day one patch really helped. Which graphic mode you play?

1080p with all the bonus ray tracing type stuff turned on