Review | High On Life

Yeah I like the reviews take on the gameplay and humour etc. But just left me wondering more on the technical side of things. This type of colour art style with the sci-fi theme I reckon could look sublime with HDR wide colour gamut and luminance.

I’ve always wished that the Auto HDR setting was available for new titles too. And we the users could decide whether a game benefits from it or not.

Not long to wait anyway for High On Life. DF are working on a tech deep dive btw.

1 Like

Oh how I wish sometimes I could experience again watching R&M for the first time ever.

If you like the humor, give Rick and Morty series a watch. Also watch Solar Opposites series.

1 Like

I dont know if that low score summary is legitimate, when it seems the reviewers main complaint can be turned down, so did they even bother looking at the options menu? Not bothering to read anything further of that review.

XboxEra reviews are all I need to look at.

1 Like

Lucky you. I’m yet to find one entities opinion that aligns with mine 100% of the time. I’ve always found opinions in general are best sampled from multiple sources. And by sources, that can simply be Joe Public. Unfortunately its usually post release, but I usually find initial impressions from normal gamers can be invaluable in highlighting things which get skipped over in main stream media reviews.

That said. I’m always interested in what Xbox Era think about a title. :blush:

1 Like

Kinda baffling they do it for High on Life but not Psychonauts 2

2 Likes

Its not that their opinion aligns with mine, its that they point out the critiques of the game. With fair critiques I can decide for myself if the game is right for me or not.

3 Likes

Like I say, I wish it was that easy for me. I need a broader sweep of evaluations/critiques/opinions. GP as a demo platform helps a lot for me.

1 Like

I enjoy Rick and Morty. The show goes better with each season. Season 1 is kinda random.

I am very much looking forward to play this ^^

2 Likes

If you’ve never watched R&M, skip episode 1 of season 1. It’s a pilot and it’s a fucking mess. Start with the second episode, then go back and watch the pilot.

3 Likes

Some divisive scores out there, I tend to align with Jesse’s tastes a lot of the time so this review is more reassuring to me, but I’ll be going in with muted expectations and see regardless because I’m also meh about the brand of humor.

When is the game out exactly? Not showing on the store for me for whatever reason

1 Like

Good tip! Will keep that in mind if I enjoy High On Life and decide to take a look at Rick and Morty.

Well written review as always, really looking forward to giving this a go now.

2 Likes

I think it’s supposed to release tomorrow, the 13th.

Launch trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyfneSMsr5U

6 Likes

I am really excited to play this one tomorrow!

1 Like

The quality and informativness of this review is an example of people who love what they do and care about their viewers/readers versus guys that just do it as a job and don’t give a shit

Excellent job Jess and John. And in such a short time, BTW

7 Likes

Just played am hour or so and I’m loving it, humour is great and they’re so much detail everywhere especially posters and tv adverts. I also love the mission objectives that open up the forums found in the pause menu, there’s a lot of reading there but it had me crying laughing. Only unlocked two weapons so far but knifey is fantastic and reminds me of butcher out of the tv show the boys and he has definitely mentioned “see you next Tuesday” multiple times. Loved the joint review guys, two points of view that I really gell with in most games, thank you.

1 Like

@Doncabesa i don’t want to read reviews to avoid coloring opinion going in, but can you give me an estimate for run time for the “campaign”?

About 10-12 hours.

4 Likes

People seem to be suffering from a performance issue that makes them dizzy and some are complaining about audio issues too.

And John from DF says this

I’m liking this a lot too and working on a video! It does have a rather bizarre technical issue (I can’t even begin to imagine how it shipped with it), though.

Uhh, tough to explain but it hugely impacts the fluidity of the experience…it’s not something I’ve seen very often.

In about an hour or two I can see for myself.

Yeah, sadly we have a game that is performing anything but ideal. Right from the very first level, and way too frequent stuttering as soon as we get a gun. I’m gonna wait until they iron this out.