Remedy is the best Third Person Narrative game studio in the world

For some reason I felt the same, but I’m aware that my anger at the DLC situation could have clouded my judgment and after all the next-gen upgrade anger settles, I may give the game another chance. Otherwise, Remedy is still one of my favorite studios out there, with storytelling chops that few match.

As an aside, welcome to the forums! Hopefully, you’ll find a warm, welcoming place where we can talk Xbox, and all things gaming, without the tinge of anti-MS sentiment that often plagues the internet at large :slight_smile:

1 Like

They make stellar narratives with really interesting worlds that are almost too deep for the medium (see alan wake litteracy, QB mindbending timeline, Control craziness), and that’s quite an achievement.

It’s the gameplay part that always felt a bit underwhelming or not fully living through its potential, even if I enjoyed all of them.

I hope they have a Control sequel planned already.

No doubt Sony will money-hat them as well. Is it really competition if one company just buys up all the devs?

Quantum Break is their weakest game? I’m sorry, but I disagree. I enjoyed it far more than Control. Freaking loved Quantum Break. I’m devastated I’ll never be able to save Beth in a sequel. ;(

2 Likes

You have any proof of that ?

Control has much better gameplay and a much better setting.

Yeah man this saddens me big time. Game was amazing imo.

Thank you for the warm welcome. Love to be a part of the community.

We love to have you! I also want to mention that, despite my lukewarm response to Control, I am unbelievably excited for the prospect of Alan Wake’s return, even as a cursory setting in the new DLC. Alan Wake was a game that affected me deeply, as I played it around the time of my younger brother’s death and its themes of loss and disarray just hit really hard.

1 Like

Wow games that connect to you emotionally at a certain point in life always have a special place.

For me Alan Wake was the first game I really noticed how a games narrative can enhance the overall experience, the game world and gameplay. Prior to this I was mostly focused on how much shooting/action set pieces were in a game.

god damn they are not. one of my favorite studios but every good step in their games comes with two steps back.

i cannot for any reason in the world put them above Naughty Dog or Capcom. they might not even be in the top 5, come on.

that being said, gimme Alan Wake 2 already you cowards.

Agreed OP.

1 Like