Remedy and Rockstar will remake Max Payne and Max Payne 2

I was a huge fan of this series back in the day. Good to see its coming back.

2 Likes

Hope it shows better results than their last game, CrossFire X.

1 Like

Take Two acquiring Remedy anyone?

Hmmmm

Just noticed that its next gen only !

If it takes 5 or 6 years to come out, it could be cross-gen.

My guess is late 2025. These are remakes. The groundwork, story, etc. already exists. Either way, both are day one for me.

Last generation, Remedy gave me Quantum Break and Control. This generation, they’ve announced Max Payne 1 and 2 remakes, Alan Wake 2 (woohoo!!!) and most likely have Control 2 in development as well. Remedy is looking like they will be one of my best development studios this generation as long as the games end up being great which I believe they will be.

2 Likes

Should be much better because they’re getting money from Rockstar. This most likely means it will be one of their better teams working on it.

I hope so and that whatever company Rockstar used for their GTA Remasters isn’t involved.

1 Like

So grove street games?

Hopefully this comes out good. Had a blast playing these back in the day.

It feels almost like their strategy is partly (not entirely) to stave off acquisition; having lots of big projects in the works with lots of different publishers, to the point where acquiring them wouldn’t be worth it because they are tied up with other deals for so many years.

Alan Wake 2 with Epic, Control 2 with 505, Max Payne with Rockstar, Vanguard with Tencent… that’s a lot of eggs in different baskets.

1 Like

Not necessary. * Laughs in Platinum *

Awesome news, even now not many games do it better than Max Payne. I played that game to death on the OG XBox, I didn’t enjoy the sequel to much mind on the OG XBox, to much in game loading spolit the flow of the game for me

I havnt bought a game in years thanks to gamepass

When this finally releases this might be one that I might actually need to grab, those first 2 games are still so damn good and while MP1 gameplay has aged, 2’s ragdoll physics and gunplay are still top tier to this day