Redfall Will Be a Classic Arkane Single-Player Game (Even When You’re Playing Co-Op)

Not sure if posted but I read that the save data will be with the Host. Hopefully they change that lol

Isn’t the point of co-op to go through the story together though? I don’t get why this would be an issue.

2 Likes

What is the source of that information, is there a dev quote?

1 Like

It’s from an IGN interview

https://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-41946-redfall-progression-will-be-tied-to-the-host-during-campaign-co-op-play.html

People hate it, but if it was me I’d have a game save for a particular group of people and I wouldn’t play that until I had that group of people. Would probably go through the game solo at the same time though.

1 Like

Unless i’m reading this wrong (and I could be) it looks like unlocked mission progress stays with the host but character progression and gear is persistent, i’m personally fine with that

4 Likes

I guess I don’t “get” co-op lol.

The other unpopular thing they said is that there are currently no plans for a respec. Could you respec in previous Arkane games?

Just to note I don’t think either of these things are bad. It’s just clear to me that they want this to be an Arkane game and not a whacky L4D-like borderlands game.

2 Likes

Can’t wait for this, loving the Art style. I hope it’s fun in Multiplayer and where you can just jump in and have fun I really haven’t enjoyed a co-op FPS since Rainbow Six Vegas

Isn’t that pretty normal for a lot of coop in games? If it’s story based wouldn’t it break the immersion if missions/levels are done out of order and then you can’t do them because you’ve done them in someone else’s game? As long as you get to keep drops I actually prefer it this way

I mean the immersion is already broken if im playing coop with someone who is a head of me anyways lol. Its a weird tight rope to walk on one side i get that the devs want people to actually experience the story and on the other there are people that just dont care about story and want to run through the game with some friends. Maybe they should segment the game into chapters and have the chapters you didnt beat greyed out so you need to go back and beat them to get the achievement and if you dont care about the story just keep going from the last chapter beat