Question & Thoughts from community

I See recent avengers exclusivity made a lot of Xbox guys feel they don’t get same treatment as on Ps do you feel same way as other guys do?

Tje fact that there will be developers doing this or that for console makers it has been for decades.

SE and PS have done stuff like this since PSX era. So I’m not surprised at all.

The thing was a more a PR move to bring Hype to the release of the game, either with SM in the game or not, as a live service game you need users, look at Marvel Heroes Omega, although it was shutdown due management misconduct, the game in consoles never really took steam.

So that.

If it ends on Game Pass i’ll play it no doubt. My money right now is for Cyberpunk

2 Likes

I love Xbox and their recent messaging has sounded really positive. But sometimes I do wish they flex their muscles even if just a little!

Ignoring the console war chatter is one thing but it does feel good to have some exclusive content every now and then. Im still salty over spiderman I cant lie lol

1 Like

[quote=“Dreams, post:3, topic:1486”]

I love Xbox and their recent messaging has sounded really positive. But sometimes I do wish they flex their muscles even if just a little!

Ignoring the console war chatter is one thing but it does feel good to have some exclusive content every now and then. Im still salty over spiderman I cant lie lol

[/quote] You think just like me ;) I don't even care if there games going to PC but you gotta do something special or exclusive for your fanbase to make them feel excited for your brand!
1 Like

This is incredibly knee jerk because when you look back on the July Xbox Showcase which was nothing but games that would be included in Game Pass. People are just mad they can’t play Spiderman on Xbox.

4 Likes

Exactly! But I’ve been kinda thinking lately, with gamepass becoming the main focus would you rather exclusive content across 3rd party games or day n date in gamepass?

1 Like

It’s a matter of budget.

The money spent doing something like the Spider-Man deal will be spent somewhere else.

1 Like

But doesn’t it just seem like every single 3rd party game have some type of playstation exclusivity

1 Like

I just want their achievement system to be functional. :sweat_smile: Anything else is a plus

1 Like

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Fanboys want red meat. Even if it isn’t real meat.

just want to remind everyone that people on twitter is not representative of the majority of the xbox fanbase

3 Likes

I think it depends.

Do we get less exclusive third party content/top-shelf exclusives? Yes.

MS is trying to fix the latter.

That said, the consumer value is higher. All first party games + notable third parties in Game Pass day 1, several third party within months, for the price of 2-3 games a year. Free Backwards Compatibility with hundreds of games. Xcloud with GP Ultimate. That absolutely gives Xbox the edge. If the free internet comes to fruition than even more.

The best Sony offers are 2 decent PS Plus games per month (often better than GWG to be fair) and a streaming service full of mostly PS3 games and a paltry selection of PS4 titles that rotate out within months and are uploaded years after release.

Pretty cut and dry from that perspective.

1 Like

I think their plan is hitting a few roadblocks. Xcloud seemingly blocked by Apple - for someone like me that’s really bad. I only have iOS devices.

Xbox live MP going free heavily teased for weeks now seems unlikely. Either people’s expectations were way out of whack. It was malicious rumour or MS have got cold feet at giving that sort of sub away.

Sony being ultra aggressive on exclusives.

Right now Xbox’s claim of putting the gamer at the centre doesn’t feel all that concrete. Sony can claim they are putting their gamers at the centre by securing them content - even if the reality is they are just taking it away from other platforms - such a tactic is absolutely working.

Xbox have a huge problem IF they won’t make multiplayer free. Nobody can justify their Xbox and PC equivalence if on Xbox you are gated behind a wall and essentially their words and gestures will ring empty. I’d say now their future might hinge on getting this right. Less so than being super aggressive on content because we just know that Sony are getting these deals for far less.

1 Like

They’re obviously a business and they can’t react the way fan feels they should. As a business though, they need to do something. I thought removing gold would be distruptive move against PS+. That income Sony gets is paying for all this shit. If they aren’t doing that then they need to do something else.

Sony can get a couple of their big trademark games out a year. The rest of their money seems to be going to just stopping Xbox getting stuff.