QuakeCon 2022 |OT|

The video is too long for an announcement. It’s suitable for something like Gamescom or here. Perhaps you’re referring to gameplay, then sure. Regardless, I’m really liking what I’m seeing and hearing.

Only Marty was in the intro video of Quakecon, Hugo must be in the “dungeon” working to bring us another masterpiece! :partying_face:

Can’t freakin’ wait to see id’s next game. DOOM 2016 and Eternal are two of the best FPS and action games ever made. Also If the game is indeed a Quake reboot I am wondering if Trent is willing to do the soundtrack…oh man that would be hype AF.

1 Like

4 Likes

I found 2016 super overrated

By the time you get half way through the game you seen pretty much everything environment and enemy wise and all you really need is super shotty and rockets, not to mention every room just feeling like a mini horde mode/gore nest, so repetitive

Eternal though was superb, just a better game in every way, felt like you were seeing something new constantly and the game flow of fights feeling like a puzzle with the weapons, such a good game

1 Like

Same. I played Eternal and thought it was a masterpiece. Played DOOM 2016 after and found it (a little) boring (in terms of environments, story, gameplay…). At least compared to Eternal.

1 Like

Redfall roundtable was very insightful. I’m definitely looking forward to it more and more because it sounds like it’s indeed going to be very fun playing solo if you want to. They seem very focused on making sure it’s still that well known Arkane experience. The level design sounds great.

Said this in the studios thread too, that a similar roundtable for Starfield would have been so great too.

2 Likes

Wonder what the population is like for Quake Champions and if it is crossplay between steam and MS store ?

Can’t wait to give this game a spin, they also include all the champions free if you play on GamePass !

1 Like

What happened to a quake 2 remaster release ? :cold_sweat:

Well I am in the “Eternal is a better game in every aspect (except bosses) camp too” so I’d say that it’s natural to find 2016 a lesser experience if you have played it after Eternal. That being said I still love 2016, gameplay isn’t as well balanced as Eternal and it’s more simplistic but still engaging and I like the darker tone of the game plus the bosses are great fun as well and better than Eternal’s (only TAG1’s bosses come close) IMO.

But yeah as a whole package with both expansions taken into consideration (TAG1 is the peak of the game IMO) Eternal is the superior game no doubt.

1 Like

well looks like my fallout 4 next gen patch isn’t happening this year. hope for next year

Shit, you’re right. Not only 76 doesn’t have a patch, 4 neither. Wonder if 4 is gonna get one at all.

It likely doesn’t even need, as it’s already 60fps with bc and we can use mods to keep the 60fps and up the resolution to 4k. Also had better environmental textures, skin textures, change the atmosphere of the game. Like how this person modded their game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout4ModsXB1/comments/ten7e3/_/

1 Like

true. I just hate how mods disable achievments

But if already played the game and got all the achievements, mods is definitely the way to go for all future playthroughs imo.

1 Like

I’m gonna have to start using PC Gamepass :sweat_smile:.

When I’m going for a new playthrough of this game I’m gonna do that. Its good to see that the 60fps mod is still available.

FPS boost is cool, but it sacrifices the resolution, so mods it is!

Make sure to install the cheat terminal mod or one that lets you skip the start, FO4 has a bug that xan cause the vault door for 111 to never open. I don’t know if it was ever fixed, but I ran into that issue in a non modded playthrough before.

1 Like

What happened to quake 2 remaster? Is there still quakecon announcements to come