Originally published at: Puzzle-platformer 'Airhead' Geared for February 12 Launch - XboxEra
Developer Octato and publisher HandyGames announced late last month that their upcoming Metroidvania puzzle-platformer ‘Airhead’ will launch on PlayStation, Amazon Luna, Xbox Series consoles (Xbox One planned for later), and PC via Steam/GoG/Epic tomorrow on the 12th of February. The game will retail for $19.99 / €19.99 / £17.49.
Players will play as Body, a small creature who meets a round, inflated organism and uses it as a head. And while Head is slowly but surely deflating, you have a chance to save its life.
On your adventure, it will be up to you to uncover the true connection between Head, the air cylinders, and the technology that litters the world, so you can save Head no matter the cost. Finding your way through Airhead’s world is not always easy. You must brave dark caverns, ancient structures, and other mysterious locations in order to save Head.
Along the way, you will find new abilities, uncover new areas and puzzles, and if you go even farther afield, who knows what hidden truths you may uncover. As you explore, you will come across numerous puzzles that involve the environment, strange creatures, and old technology to challenge your logic and creativity. Everything is there for a reason and can be overcome by piecing together the puzzle and understanding the rules of Airhead’s strange world.
Body and Head must work together to accomplish their goal, and as time passes, their bond and abilities will grow. What will you do to preserve their companionship?
And when the impact of your choices becomes clear, are you willing to shoulder the consequences of saving a friend?
- A beautiful art-style, embracing bold colors and bleak shadows.
- An immersive 2.5D platformer experience.
- Exploration in a mysterious world, filled with secrets and hidden paths.
- Challenging puzzles, exploring the unique mechanics of a detachable head full of air.
- Many powerful abilities to discover, each giving access to new areas and puzzles.
- A personal story of companionship, discovery, and responsibility.
- A myriad of creatures and machines to hinder and help you on your adventure.
- A library filled with background information about Airhead’s world and its inhabitants.
- A ton of collectibles and even very hidden secret endings to uncover.
Have a gander below at the trailer and screenshots for more details on Airhead.