PS5 has Marvel Avengers 60 fps exclusivity? 😑

Game release is near, better to wait and see since it could be SX only has a single 4k 60fps mode (and would be expected given how the game runs on X), though is a bit of a shame developers are not even allowed to address properly what the upgrades are going to be for Xbox

Never trust game rant. I honestly think It’s going to be 4k/60fps on series x and they just can’t say that because the PS5 won’t have that.

Guys calm down lmao

I know the messaging around this hasn’t been clear but I’d find it really hard to believe that 60fps is exclusive to ps5 when Xbox is more powerful lol. They won’t be able to convince anyone of why Xbox doesn’t have it.

I quit the game after the 6th or 7th story mission. The story/characters was solid and enjoyable with the gameplay/combat being great BUT it being a loot driven/based game ruins it. If it was a straight forward Spider Man/Miles Morales type game but in the linear/wide linear setup that it has, it would have been so much better. In this case, I wouldn’t have had any major issues with the game and would have even been willing to pay for the character expansions. Simply, it shouldn’t have been a loot based service game. Horrible idea considering what the game is.

OK Fine they can have that i mean the game was not goood at all the only way i ever touch it is if it on Gamepass and it was 1 of the Gamepass quest for the MS Rewards points lol

I mean the wording in the article, not whatever the game supports. Xbox consoles definitely support spatial audio, even if that specific game doesn’t.

It was mostly just rhetoric musing how if they don’t know details like that, how much can I expect due diligence.

It’s kinda messed up if the game doesn’t support spatial audio on Xbox but does on PS5. Pretty thankful I lost all interest in the game when Spider-man was bought and paid for.

Well, Destiny 2 runs in 4K at 60 FPS on the Series X, so Avengers should be able to aswell.

With that said, Destiny is also 4K 60 FPS on the PS5.

After reading the replies here.

I think it’s AC : Valhalla situation again. But reversed this time around.

1 Like

This because PS5 can’t hit a native 4K60, and series X can.

Likely dynamic, but yeah. If X was doing dynamic 4k in this game (and staying close to it for most of the time) there’s no reason SX shouldn’t double the framerate and stick even closer to the target res.

No way this happens I think but seeing how petty Sony’s 3rd party deals can get I wouldn’t be surprised, anyway I didn’t buy this game because the devs told me “buy a PS4 if you want to play as Spiderman” so too bad lol, it was one of the few super hero games I was interested in too but not anymore, I’ll be honest after they said that and then the news came out that they didn’t make their money back I was a little happy about it, the only games I buy from SE these days are the Tomb Raider games but if they keep this up they’re really making it easier for me to ignore even those games altogether.

XSX version:

• High res textures
  • Faster loadtimes
  • More destruction
  • 4k at 60fps
3 Likes

That’s what I thought, they don’t need a performance mode.

3 Likes

Case closed, then? Wonder what the original article was going on about.

Mainly misunderstanding what they saw.

1 Like

I will wait till DF analysis for this next gen patch. Later will close this thread.

Another one of the Hitman 3 cases, maybe. We’ll see.

It wouldn’t surprise me. Sony had a very aggressive marketing deal with this game, and when SE showed the next-gen features for PS5, someone on Twitter had to do a bit of research to find the Xbox next-gen features, so the developers didn’t talk about it at first.

And knowing that the PS5 version may be behind, when Sony had an aggressive marketing deal with them could be a bit of bad publicity for them, and that’s why they avoided mentioning the Series X version as much as possible. Of course, that’s all theory from me.

1 Like