PlayStation 5 |OT| This SSD has no limits

Well yeah, nobody would know it was coming out if they were self publishing it. People care about the game because Sony put eyes on it with state of play marketing.

I never said that Final Fantasy VII Rebirth was going to sell consoles or this or that. All I said was that im hyped for it which I am. BOTH consoles are third party multi-platform platforms.

Exclusives matter. They pull you into the brand, the console, platform and eco-system. You stay for everything else.

1 Like

Anyway, purchased Helldivers 2 digitally for PlayStation 5 and signed up for a month of PlayStation Plus since it’s required to play the game.

Played 6+ hours and it’s really good. Love the combat and shooting but holy hell, is the game hard playing solo. I thought that maybe I could get to level 2 or 3 (out of the 10 difficulty levels there is) but I can’t get past level 2 which is easy. lol

The insects are a lot easier than the automatons which can slaughter you pretty quickly. It’s definitely very addictive because I didn’t want to stop playing.

I have some minor nitpicks which I have in every game but it’s definitely challenging, intense and a lot of fun to play. Will go back to it once I get through all my other games and should tide me over until I get an actual pure shooter in Division Heartland or perhaps something else.

2 Likes

Because their costs are eating too much of their profits, that’s all that investors care about.

2 Likes

It’s interesting looking at the problem they have created - they sell hardware with low margins to sell more software, but overspend on software to try and sell more hardware. They do of course make a 30% cut of all the third party software that sells on their system, but that isn’t enough.

I wonder just how viable these third party timed exclusive deals are in their push for greater profitability. Maybe we’ll maybe see them favour more “second party” deals like Helldivers in the future or follow Microsoft in expanding to rely on first party content more. It’s also interesting seeing how Microsoft has circumvented these issues with their decisions the past decade (granted, they still have their own problems to deal with).

I have doubts. Halo was rumored to cost more than Spider Man 2.

The point is that Playstation has been struggling to draw a strong enough profit following a more traditional console manufacturer strategy, and is now having to push more into live service content and release more of their games on PC to better boost their revenue. Xbox has been doing this stuff for a solid decade already - with gamepass, and expanding across multiple devices and having already built up a strong library of live service content.

In this case specifically, while Playstation has been spending money locking down third party timed exclusives - Xbox has been expanding to be able to rely more on first party content.

Haven’t used my ps5 since rift apart came out.
Got to say PS + has a great selection of games compared to gamepass. Not saying one is better than the other but there are a lot of games on there that are not on gamepass.

Helldivers 2 has been a lot of fun but I think the real break out of Star of my PS5 recently is the file sizes.

I can fit more games on the console than my XSX. I’m always finding myself being like “this will be the time it says my storage is filled” but it’s not.

1 Like

Yeah, when the second one was announced I was like…there’s a Helldivers 1?

In my personal experience the choice on PS+ is typically older games compared to GP.

The main thing I’m waiting for is the next Naughty Dog game or Wolverine, but who knows how long I’ll be waiting.

PS+ is good for those who just started gaming like right now. If you are up-to-date since ever, then it’s a bit 50/50 in terms of desire. It’s why they’re still struggling to grow, though at the very least managed to migrate some users to upper tier.

PlayStation Plus Extra is excellent if you skipped/passed on PlayStation 4 or bought it near the end of it’s life cycle. Majority of Sony’s first party games from the PlayStation 4 generation is available in that tier.

In general, both subscription services are nearly identical with the only exception being that Microsoft has their games in the service day one and gets third party games day one as well. If this ever changes or ends, then there’s literally no difference as both would be the same shit.

I somehow missed this new trailer of Stellar Blade:

The ‘sword surfing’ and water traversal right at the beginning is the first time I have seen something which made me quite interested.

1 Like

That’s definitely something that’s new but there is something where Eve is in a tunnel surfing and avoiding obstacles. It’s in one of their previous trailers.

57 posts were merged into an existing topic: Sony Layoffs [2024-02-27]

A post was merged into an existing topic: Sony Layoffs [2024-02-27]

https://twitter.com/medster101/status/1762656862066098356?t=0BXDI-MmS7szmEF7sHQqkA&s=19

Crazy how similar it is.

2 Likes

Yeah, now I guess I want to play it…

There’s a MGS V hole in my heart…

1 Like

https://twitter.com/VGC_News/status/1762867841118638494?t=dMupA-uoW2LH-VGcQSMmGw&s=19

As someone who played 60 hours of MGS 5 and then dropped it, it doesn’t play like Helldivers 2 at all. First it’s way too slow paced, based on stealth and not killing enemies. The only similarity are the animations.

1 Like