PlayStation 5 |OT| This SSD has no limits

Did you play Final Fantasy VII Remake? That’s probably the only one exclusive right now.

I did at launch last year but got no interest replaying

1 Like

The majestic PS5 SSD (and GPU too probably) has been dethroned by an ultrabook.

2 Likes

Xbox’s SSD was already faster with SFS and in real world application with Quick Resume. PlayStation never sat its little tush on the throne to begin with. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Never fall for marketing especially Sony’s

2 Likes

its a bigger chip on a smaller manufacturing node :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

500$ vs 3000+$

1 Like

Oh a $3000 laptop is as performant as a $399/$499 game console. BIG NEWS. MUCH WOW.

3 Likes

you don’t need 3000 dollars to be more powerful than a PS5. Also, all that GPU performance is geared towards the production side (C4D Octane, etc), as Apple still doesn’t seem to give two shits about making gaming viable in their Mac ecosystem.

The PS5 comparison is silly, but what Apple is achieving on a performance per watt basis is very impressive.

2 Likes

No refuting that.

TSMC should also get a lot of credit for their manufacturing excellence.

Yeah it’s on 5nm, but it’s really apples design here. Qualcomm at the same node won’t be close.

It is a big ass chip though, lol.

This.

Yup… If one wants to play the 60fps for 5 minutes and then switch to 30fps :joy:

rDNA 4 rumors were better then these claims

Gosh, I haven’t touched my PS5 in a minute. Almost started to regret buying one, but then I see that supply shortages are still in full swing.

It is impressive

Right now, no one is making consumer grade Big ARM SoCs except Apple

You pay extra for that custom logic in a thin profile with far better power/thermal efficiency. With Metal APIs gaming/VR will be viable soon on a future Apple console.