Playercounts, milestones and Game Pass performance (Starfield hits 10M, biggest Bethesda launch ever, Sea of Thieves tops 40M, Forza Horizon 5 38M, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre hits 4M, Minecraft Dungeons hits 25M)

Do you know what were the numbers for fallout 76 before this update? Cant find anything. Really impressive for rare, it seems like they have added like 5 milliom players per year haha

11 million as of November 2021 (no numbers before that).

12 million number is a of late April 2022.

2 Likes

Grounded 10 million by the way

They announced it some months ago, it wasn’t updated

2 Likes

No. Its double fines best selling game though. Not that that matters…i bet 10x more people will play it with gamepass over its “life”

Yeah, this is the closest I’ve seen in terms of sales figures:

That’s from the Psychonauts 2 OT.

1 Like

The Elder Scrolls Online reached 21 million players

6 Likes

While great to hear, I hope Zos rethink some of their choices because a lot of people are angry and have stopped playing because of their first go with update 35. It’s being reflected with its drop in on Xbox from 30+ to 40+ on the most played list

1 Like

Forza Horizon 5 just passed 22 million players.

5 Likes

Hot Wheel DLC also doing crazy numbers, and I think it hit like a million users last week. Also I look at some of the leaderboards and I am seeing 500k doing some of the S1 tasks which is pretty big

3 Likes
6 Likes

Over 11 million lifetime State of Decay 2 players according to Matt Booty

6 Likes

But I thought that no one cares about State of Decay! /s

I really dislike how some games and genres (and of course the studios behind them) are being treated as inferior or less important by a huge part of the gaming community and the media.

You have to remember that the players on social media are a noisy minority , And many of them pretend that they are hardcore players when in fact they don’t even have a Single console

3 Likes

You are right, a huge part of the “core” gaming community is more accurate.

1 Like

Yes, there is a lot of tweeting and very little gaming goin on with a lot of people.

1 Like
8 Likes

Forza Horizon 5 has now surpassed 23 million players (+3 million since E3).

Comparison with previous games:

• FH5: 23M in ~10 months
  • FH4: 24M in ~24 months
  • FH3: 10M in ~23 months

FcciGwvWIAIZK4E

7 Likes

Probably over 25 million

When they announced the 18m number the leaderboard said it was around 16m

4 Likes

Makes me wonder what numbers the next game will achieve with the growth of Game Pass and console sales and overall market. Forza had 10m or 15m at launch? I remember Halo had 20m and Forza was lower.

Such a shame that Halo Infinite had a stellar launch (for the amount of content they had at launch) but then fell down.

2 Likes