Phil Spencer wants a handheld Xbox

Again, where are you getting your opinion from ? Have you ever tried a windows handheld ? Doubt it

I have windows on steam deck, and a arog Ally and I would stop using the both of them if Xbox handheld exist.

Xbox handheld would give me.

1. Best battery life.
  2. Best performance.
  3. All my BC library.
  4. All the gamepass library.
  5. The best ergonomics.
  6. The best UX experience
  7. All the big AAAs and live service games.

There is about a million people tops that are gaming on a windows handheld. It’s not a console like experience with console like appeal.

3 Likes

Not really. Especially if gta6 comes out. Switch 2 isnt playing gta 6

I’d buy an Xbox handheld if it can run destiny at 60fps and get more than 2 hours battery life.

I play destiny at 30fps on my deck to get the longer battery life.

Pretty sure series s runs destiny at 60fps. 2 hour battery life is the minimum they need.

Sounds like you’re in.

This. Xbox handheld would make the rog ally and steam deck look like prototypes.

It also has a major advantsge over those 2…its a locked system and you dont have to worry about compatibility shit.

Granted …it would intially be for xbox fans. But market for it can grow.

Xbox handheld hype

Lets see how it turns out… Don’t count your chickens before they hatch !

If they opt for a 1080p screen for example that won’t be smart for a handheld !

Yeah, there are a lot of ways MS could make their handheld more enticing than the steam deck and the others.

MS just needs to release a slimmed down OS of windows made for gaming… An Xbox OS if you will, that any hardware companies can use as their OS on their handheld devices.

Why not? Go for a premium model with 1080p. 720p wouldnt be the end of the world though

720 or 800p is sharp enough for a handheld, any higher it’s just wasting resources

Soon enough well get to a point where its not wasting resources or that its more viable

We havnt reached the singularity yet…

Rog Ally is noticeably sharper and clearer to me than my steam deck despite having roughly the same screen size.

720p / 800p isn’t going to cut it today.

2 Likes

Im all for this. It would for sure keep me in the eco system. I dont pretend to know the most about tech but Id keep the screen at 720 like the switch and make the screen oled that way it makes ports easier if they have to have lower rez benchmarks. I personally dont think you need to go above 720 on a hand he;d but thats me.

720p vs 1080p is a battery question as well as a resolution one.

Looking at what Legion Go users say about their experience, it looks like a lot of users play at 800p to extend their battery life when playing 3d games.

I wonder what Xbox would consider to be a reasonable number of hours to get out of a single charge when playing a demanding game.

I’m sure some people would be ok with an hour and expect to be plugged in to a power supply most of the time. Other people would expect a few hours.

1 Like

If you’re plugged into an outlet what’s the point of a handheld

Well, that’s what some people would say. Others would say that they’ll spend most of their time using a portable machine plugged in.

I’ve played my Switch plugged in on a plane and a train. For long journeys, none of the handheld gaming systems can last long enough to not need to be plugged in.

While you need to plug in your TV and your console to play at home currently, it’s not just their power requirements that define their portability, it’s the physical size and weight too.

2 Likes

A Steam Deck will not give me access to the hundreds of third party games I’ve already purchased on Xbox though.

If you’re going thru the hassle of installing Windows on a Steam Deck you might as well get a ROG Ally or Legion Go that have much better specs.

And even those won’t let you access your acrued third party library.

3 Likes