Path to becoming a game coder!(?)

JavaScript isn’t easy. I’m doing a unit on creating a “rock, paper, scissors” game solely using JavaScript to return the results. I’m going to have to do some outside learning beyond the pre assessment, especially with Math.random and Math.bottom.

Javascript!!!?!!??! I’m sorry but I can’t prevent this rant. Javascript is a computer science nightmare. How can a jitter optimize code if it doesn’t know what type the variable is? Javascript is like learning Greek Mythology by reading Wonder Women comics. Rant over, sorry. I’m an old programmer so you can probably ignore me. :slightly_smiling_face:

Considering how popular Javascript is it should be easy to find a job if you learn it well. Have you considered Typescript?

2 Likes

I love your message and it actually sort of makes sense in a crazy way now. I see the code and understand it, guess I am leaning a little haha.

I haven’t heard of Typescript, at least not yet. Im sure it’ll at least get a mention in my lessons. I even learned when “the internet was invented.”