Outriders [OT] Journey Into the Unknown

Outriders is a 1-3 player co-op RPG shooter set in an original, dark and desperate sci-fi universe. As mankind bleeds out in the trenches of Enoch, you’ll create your own Outrider and embark on a journey across this hostile planet. With rich storytelling spanning a diverse world, you’ll leave behind the slums and shanty towns of the First City and traverse forests, mountains and deserts in the pursuit of a mysterious signal. Combining intense gunplay with violent powers and an arsenal of increasingly twisted weaponry and gear-sets, Outriders offers countless hours of gameplay from one of the finest shooter developers in the industry.

Developer: People Can Fly

Publisher: Square Enix

Genres: RPG, Third-Person Shooter, Looter Shooter

Platforms: Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, Playstation 5, Microsoft Windows and Stadia

Pricing: $59.99 | 59.99€ | £59.99 | Also available on Game Pass at launch

Release date: 01/04/2020

Game details

A dark and desperate journey

Discover the hostile planet of Enoch as you embark on a journey to the source of a mysterious signal.

Intense shooter, deep RPG

Outriders’ brutal and bloody combat combines frenetic gunplay, violent powers and deep RPG systems to create a true genre hybrid.

Four unique classes

Create and customise your own Outrider and choose from four unique classes each with its own skill tree to define your own playstyle:

Dynamic 1-3 Player Co-op

Play single-player or join up to two friends in drop-in drop-out co-op as you tackle the horrors of a hyper-evolved planet.

Scavenge & Adapt

Customise and upgrade your Outrider with countless items of mod-able guns and gear, as you leave humanity behind.

Additional info and updates

People Can Fly Official Website

People Can Fly Official Twitter Page

Outriders Official Website

Outriders Official Twitter Page

Outriders Official YouTube Channel

Trailers

Screenshots

7 Likes

Great OT!

Have anyone played the demo? Did you farm for better gears or just played to see how it was?

I played for about 4 or 5 hours.

My friend played over 20 and farmed for a legendary.

1 Like

I was going to, then they announced that the game was coming to Game Pass and I decided to hold off, to go as fresh as possible to play this new game with my friends. There was no point in trying to see if I liked a game I was getting with my subscription anyway, and I like knowing as little as possible before jumping in.

3 Likes

Wow, that’s dedication!

Yeah, I’m on the same boat. I had already played the prologue when I played the Insider Preview back in December, so I played it again when the demo launched to see if there were any differences, did a single sidequest and now I’m waiting for the full galme.

1 Like

Nice OT. I just started the demo today because I was impatient and the progress carries over, so why not? This game is really fun to play, I’m playing with a friend of mine who loves these kinds of games. Looking forward to the full release in a few days.

Good OT. You should add the Expeditions video to the OP because it’s the end game and in these types of games, the end game is one of the most important aspects.

I played the demo to the first main boss and that was enough for me to be all in. I was originally going to buy the game digitally for $60 but thanks to Game Pass, I no longer have to. Hehehe. Definitely hyped for Outriders as it’s the first released game of 2021 that im playing. First three months were nothing for me.

Just over two more days to go!!!

1 Like

Really excited to play this game after going through the demo which was fun.

I played up until where it gives you the pre order screen. I didn’t grind out gear because I never felt the need. The guns they give in the demo are plenty powerful. That’s not to say that there wasn’t a fair amount of challenge in some combat scenarios and the two bosses I fought. The game is actually a lot of fun and I’m glad it’s coming to Gamepass because it wasn’t on my radar before. I’ve managed to get my wife more into games and she seems on board to give it a go next week.

1 Like

Played quite a bit on the demo. Ran through first time with a Pyro and struggled some until I got some great to make it easier. Ran through a few more times by reseting the story. Got to level 7 and a good amount of blue gear.

Decided to run through it again as a techno which went easier for me again got to 7 and some gear and both to world tier 5.

Finally got bored one evening waiting on friends to get on and figured might as well try out another character and made a trickster. Ran through the story once and half way through got my first legendary (golem limb). I might have got him to 7 but I don’t remember.

Overall had a blast and with a three day weekend coming up looking forward to getting plenty of play time in. Will most likely stick with Pyro even though the other 2 classes were easier and will probably create a dev to use when playing with my son.

Thanks for the suggestion, added the video to OP!

loved the demo of this and really looking forward to the full version.

I did not farm for better items as i want to start fresh once the game is out in full

This is what the devs are planning for Day 1 and post-launch so far:

Patches & Post-Launch support

We currently have a few patches undergoing testing and submission. It is our full intention to release patches across all platforms simultaneously, though this may not always be possible.

Below are our pre-planned patches. However, as with the demo, we will be carefully monitoring the launch and it is our full intention to on short notice hotfix any issues that we are able to reproduce and resolve on our side and that are deemed severe enough.

Issues of lesser severity that we are able to reproduce and resolve will likely be bundled into the bigger “Post-Launch Follow up Patch” for the sake of efficiency.

Day 1 Patch:

This is a patch we’re hoping to have ready and integrated into pre-loading even before launch. If everything goes to plan you won’t even have to download this on Day 1, but there is a possibility that this patch will release on April 1st (day one) and will therefore require an additional download.

• Many bug fixes and improvements, with a particular focus on the latter sections of the game.
• Performance improvements for pacing/stuttering that was observed during the demo
• Camera Smoothing improvements for cutscenes and dialogues. This should reduce the camera shake that some players are struggling with
• Cutscenes/dialogues frame rate improvements
	○ PC cutscenes will have the option to choose from 30, 60, 90 and 120fps
	○ Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 cutscenes will be locked to 60fps
	○ Xbox One and PlayStation 4 cutscenes will remain locked to 30fps

Post-Launch Follow up Patch & Upcoming Optimizations

We have an additional pre-planned patch that is intended to address any recently-reported issues or bugs coming out of the demo that the run to launch didn’t allow us enough time to implement beforehand. The resolutions for any non-urgent bugs that are discovered during launch may well be rolled into this patch.

At this point in time we do not yet have a set release time for this patch as its release will depend on the amount of content we want to roll into it. We are expecting this to roll out at least a few weeks after launch. Newly discovered severe issues will be hot-fixed earlier and separately from this patch of course.

Below are our intentions for this patch.

• Controller adjustment options such as deadzone adjustment, acceleration settings and legacy layouts.
• Loading Time Improvements for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles
• Further Performance Improvements for Co-op games
• Crossplay friends list and invite system across all platforms. This will require you to be using a Square Enix Members account.
• Bug fixes including, for example:
	○ Lore collectibles bugging out on second characters
• This list will continue to be built out as we progress through launch
2 Likes

Excited for the game; it’s easily the shooter with the best rpg mechanics and a lot of the non-early game combat looks to shake things up a bit. Combine that with a dev team who have their fingers on the pulse of what people want out of pseudo-mmo games like this and you’ve got a promising game to commit to.

Who is taking a trip to New Zealand tomorrow to play it early? The game releases there in just a bit over 9 hours

2 Likes

Thanks for the reminder

1 Like

Didn’t think about doing that, thanks. I’m too impatient to actually wait!

1 Like

This game is absolutely amazing and I can’t wait for the full game to hit. The fact it’s coming to Game Pass is phenomenal news for the devs. I still bought this game anyways, cuz I love it so much. I played at least 15+ hours of the demo to gear up all 4 classes and get as many mods as I could for crafting.

I think many ppl are sleeping on this game, and it’s about to wake ppl up. As long as a few big streamers play the game, the word of mouth should travel and the devs could have a hit on their hands. There’s obvious quirks with it, but the gameplay is some of the best I’ve had for a while. Anthem was probly the last game that made me have so much fun with the combat. Anybody sleeping on this needs to check it out. I remember I thought it looked generic and boring but figured I’d play cuz it was a free demo. Then I ended up putting 15+ hours in a ~3 hour demo just grinding for gear and leveling up all the classes. :joy:

1 Like

Finished everything in the demo that I was able to. This game is so much fun to play, especially when you’re doing so with a friend. I’m typically not into looter shooters, but this is an exception. I’m playing as the Devastator class. I really like playing it with the higher world tiers as it provides a good challenge to me. The game forces you to be aggressive, and I like it. Simply hiding behind cover won’t suffice here. Thanks Xbox Game Pass!

I’ll be taking a little trip to New Zealand tomorrow. :wink:

1 Like

You’re welcome. :smiley: