Original XBox Goes Full HD With 'XBHD' Plug 'n Play Adapter, Coming June 20

Originally published at: https://xboxera.com/2023/05/24/original-xbox-goes-full-hd-with-xbhd-plug-n-play-adapter-coming-june-20/

Accessory and hardware maker EON Gaming unveilled yesterday their latest plug and play adapter for the original XBox console. Dubbed the ‘XBHD’, this adapter takes up the XBox’s video and ethernet port and in echange offers dual HDMI ports, three ethernet jacks for LAN support, and a MiniToslink audio output port. No additional wires involved, a simple solution that offers “Perfectly translated HD visuals with no lag” and “…noiseless Dual HD video output” for 480i/p, 720p, and 1080i outputs. (Yes, the XBox could do that!)

The XBHD adapter will be available on the 20th of June and is currently available for pre-order at CastleMania Games, Stone Age Gamer, and Games Connection for $189.99 USD / £149.99 GBP. More shoppes will be available as the release date approaches.

Hobbyists have been doing a swell job keeping the XBox dream alive even today, such as the totally wicked Xbox Live replacement Insignia which you should check out.

Have a gander at the gallery and press release below for more information.

XBHD, EON Gaming’s Revolutionary New Original Xbox Adapter Launches June 20

World’s first plug-and-play HD adapter with multi-video output, built-in LAN party support, and more

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

BRIDGEWATER, NJ – May 22, 2023 – EON Gaming, makers of the acclaimed GCHD MK-II, and Super 64, have revealed their next flagship adapter, this time for the original Xbox, called the XBHD. This full-featured, first-of-its-kind adapter unlocks the potential of the original Xbox for gamers worldwide on Tuesday, June 20, 2023 for $189.99 USD through Amazon as well as their worldwide retail partners including Castlemania Games, Retro Saga, and Games Connection.

The 2001 launch of the original Xbox sparked an unforgettable era. Microsoft entered the gaming console scene, going toe to toe with industry giants Sony and Nintendo in the 6th generation of consoles. Going on to sell more than 24 million units worldwide, Xbox offered greater processing power, internal storage, onboard LAN connectivity, and a host of exclusive titles such as the seminal Halo: Combat Evolved. Xbox was a force to be reckoned with and quickly moved from underdog to industry staple.

The XBHD pays tribute to these beloved titles with a robust set of features and the best video quality possible. Make use of dual HD video ports to host head-to-head matches or simplify streaming setups with no additional hardware or power required. Gather friends and recreate true LAN party experiences thanks to three RJ45 ethernet connectors, seamlessly enabling LAN support for up to four consoles.

Experience the original Xbox with perfectly translated visuals supporting 480i, 480p, 720p, and even 1080i resolutions. Additionally enjoy the flexibility of the MiniTOSlink 3.5mm port, providing clear audio through headphones, speaker systems, and even capture cards for streaming.

Key Features:

• Perfectly translated HD visuals with no lag
  • Clean, noiseless Dual HD video output
  • Three Ethernet ports for seamless 4 console LAN support
  • MiniToslink audio output
  • No power cables or additional hardware required

“The Xbox was home to the LAN party.” said Justin Scerbo co-founder of EON Gaming. “The magic of linking consoles together to enjoy an expanded, connected local gaming experience was something that defined us then, and something we long for now. With XBHD, we wanted to bring that possibility back. Now, it’s easier than ever, and these classic games have never looked better.”

“I remember packing up my Xbox, 4 controllers, the cables, and an old, hefty tube TV into my small Miata, driving down to my friends house, and having a Halo party that felt like it lasted for days,” said Justin Chou, co-founder, EON Gaming. “Now-a-days, although everything’s become easier with the use of online matchmaking lobbies, I can’t help but feel like I’ve lost something magical. I miss sharing a living room with my closest friends and playing games all night.”

The XBOX HD launches worldwide on Tuesday, June 20, 2023 and retails for $189.99 USD via EON Gaming’s official site, Castlemania Games, Retro Saga, Games Connection, and Amazon, shipping worldwide.

For more information, please visit EON Gaming’s official website and join the community on Twitter for the latest updates.

2 Likes

Kind of unnecessary with BC and emulation imo.

There’s more images in the gallery of the news post, so click through to that if interested.

My gut is thinking it’s more economical getting OG XB games running on X360 hardware. But I haven’t done deep analysis of the numbers, is there a large number of OG Xbox titles that are unavailable on X360 hardware or don’t run well enough?

1 Like