Opinion: With a £250/$299 Console Microsoft may have turned the tide

When i seen the bullet points of what the machine will provide at 299, it surprised me a bit. i’ve kept tracked of the leaks but always expected less or a higher price.

But DAMN. . . . in one, small, well built machine I’ll have one of the latest CPUs, Fast RAM, A NVME SSD, and the target of games to be built at 1440p with up to 120fps. The option there for games to play at 120fps so that i know my Call of Duty or whatever else games like racing will most likely be at 120fps is a great win. Not to mention all of the Back Compat with this machine too.

Didn’t someone show off their tests of how low Resolution in a few games up-scaled using ML, or something of that sort, to 4k looked really good?

the future is bright.

Not sure about ‘wherever you want’ bit since PS5 is a static box in a living room. xCloud, on the other hand is not. I would not be at all surprised if the Xbox platform as a broad entity easily eclipses Sony’s broader next gen platform in terms of success.

It was just a play on Phil’s mantra of “We want to enable you to play the games you want to play, with the friends you want to play with, on any device” . Focuses too heavily on the where and not enough on the What and When IMO.

The living room is where all the magic happens anyhow. I’m not sending Mordin off on his final mission in the middle of a bus ride someplace. Hopefully we see the foretold “trickle down” effect within a human lifespan :slight_smile: where Xbox can really get all the content.

1 Like

The Series S will allow more to have two consoles. Unless Sony starts to sell their first party games day and date on PC, they will sale their consoles. During PS3/360, Sony studios were not what they are today.

The danger for Sony is not that they may sale fewer console, but the cost of selling that console may have gone up, and profitability from each console may go down with increase Xbox sale.

1 Like

One thing that will be interesting to see is the UK price of the PS5de.

Xss has been announced at £249 which is odd for UK pricing since the pound reduced in value.

Eg the switch was $299 in usa and £279 in uk

Which makes sense when u do the math

$299 = £230 + 20%vat = £276

So Microsoft are taking a bigger hit in the UK or they have some tax incentive in UK.

Ppl used to feel that way about watching videos too… >.>

I don’t think there is any trickle down to speak of. PS5 is not the defacto platform to get every single game out there. PC is that more than any other platform by a country mile. It just comes down to the genres ya like. I can’t take jrpg’s seriously these days personally. I’m big into western rpg’s though, and Sony has nothing unique in that space. MS is looking super strong there though. /shrugs

1 Like