• Horizon II: Forbidden West gameplay trailer
  • Demon’s Souls gameplay trailer, launch
  • Godfall short gameplay trailer, launch
  • Silent Hill reveal trailer, full exclusive developed by Japan Studio
  • Final Fantasy XVI reveal trailer, one year timed exclusive
  • Starfield reveal trailer, one year timed exclusive
  • Resident Evil VIII: Village gameplay trailer
  • Hitman III gameplay trailer, January 20th, 2021
  • Montage trailer for Bugsnax, Destruction All Stars and others that will be launch titles
  • Overview of the User Interface and possibly the PlayStation Store
  • Announcement that Sony has acquired Bluepoint Games and Housemarque
  • September 25th Pre-Order date
  • November 20th 2020 release date
  • PlayStation 5 Digital Edition $500
  • PlayStation 5 Disc Edition $600

That’s pretty much it and more than enough in my opinion. As for Square Enix, they’ve accepted paydays for FFVIIR, FFXVI, Project Athia and Spider Man being in The Avengers. The only games that are immune to this are those that are being developed by a studio that isn’t owned by Square Enix. Perfect example would be Outriders. As for Bethesda, Zenimax is accepting money in advance for timed exclusivity because if they don’t turn things around, don’t be surprised if you see Bethesda up for sale eventually which has been rumored in the recent past. A lot of their games simply bomb, barely break even or barely profitable. Accepting a big fat check from Sony lessens the risk a shit ton plus allows Bethesda/Zenimax to end up with a second “payday” when the games go to Xbox as there would be a good chance of being in Game Pass day one. In short, it’s obviously all about money as well know. The truly more puzzling and baffling question for me anyway is why does Sony feel the need to pay for so many third party games being timed exclusive to PS5? Even in comparisons, I don’t believe that Digital Foundry has ever had more than 1m views for any of them so I truly don’t understand the fear that Sony has but whatever. It is what it is.

Personally I’d say if they could Microsoft would love, love gamepass on PS5. And they’d still sell Xbox‘s too. But they’d not care how much hardware they sold. They just want gamepass everywhere…and if it’s via native hardware adoption or xcloud they don’t care.

I really, REALLY want to see a GoW tease. 4 was one of the few PS4 games I platinumed & in my top 5 of this gen. I need some sequel goodness.

If that new Final Fantasy is a Nomura lead project, Sony can keep it. That guy is all about style over substance, and should just stick to designing waifus and husbandos.

Is that who led the FF15 project? Or one of them (if I recall correctly that there were multiple)?

He started it before he moved on to KH3. He was one of their character designers (since VI I think?) before he created Kingdom Hearts. He’s not a good director in my opinion.

Then I’ll give him some props for VI (my favorite!) but praise is much more reserved after that. :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Is it just me or is a launch of Spiderman MM and Demons Souls just a launch of DLC and remakes? Wouldn’t be impressed by that at all.

1 Like

Yep. Series launch lineup is FAR superior.

And what does that line up include? I mean, we have hardly any firm info outside of maybe Yakuza for exclusives.

Team Bloober’s game! The Ascent! Yakuza!

One person on Era, I assume an insider, claims the show tonight will break twitter. I assume that would be something more high profile than final fantasy exclusitivity?

Lets see what Sony’s got up their sleeves and what MS will do to counter. It’s all good.

I can definitely see their showcase breaking twitter once they see $500 and $600. And even more so come December when half the consoles explode. LOL.

Seriously, unless it’s Colin Moriarty, Dusk Golem or Shinobi602, I don’t listen to any so called PlayStation Insider because well, they don’t know shit.

An Xbox preferred guy like Rand Al Thor 19 has a far better accuracy percentage that those fake PlayStation Insiders.

Hell, a nobody like me has a better accuracy percentage. LMAO!!!

Yeah I don’t see anything special. Third party is where it’s at this fall/winter!

I’m thinking $500/$450 for the prices.

Do y’all think they’ll package a remastered version of Spiderman PS4 with MM? I didn’t get a chance to play it and that’d be a real convincing reason for me to pick one up day 1.

Wouldn’t be surprised. Include a remaster of Spider Man Complete Edition with Miles Morales would then make the expected $60 price tag worth it.

1 Like

What’s the name? Because if not someone well known…meh.

If true, it could be either a huge game out of left field or the price being favorable or not so favorable for the buyers.

Im pretty confident they will go $499/399.

1 Like