Oddworld: Soulstorm teased for Xbox

Originally published at: https://xboxera.com/2021/08/18/oddworld-soulstorm-teased-for-xbox/

Back in June we reported that the PlayStation console exclusive Oddworld: Soulstorm was rated for Xbox One in Brazil. Today, the franchise’s official Twitter account has published a small clip of the game’s protagonist opening a box, following a green glow and Xbox’s startup sound — all while naming it “Abe looks good in green”.

Oddworld: Soulstorm was released back in April for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, and was included in that month’s PlayStation Plus line-up.

Ever since Microsoft joined the consoles’ market, every mainline Oddworld was also released on Xbox – 2001’s Munch’s Oddysee was even an exclusive at the time. The last mainline game before Soulstorm, New ‘n’ Tasty, was released for Xbox One eight months after its original July 2014 release on PlayStation 4.

4 Likes

I could easily see this ending up on Game Pass. I got it on PS+ and tried it out briefly, but I may be more likely to try finishing it on my primary platform Xbox with getting achievements and such.

2 Likes

I hope it comes to Game Pass because I’m not gonna buy it anytime soon. Didn’t seem all that great to me but if on GP I’ll give it a chance. It’s good to see it coming to X though.

2 Likes

Played it on ps4 for a bit. Wasn’t my jam. No idea why Sony paid timed exclusivity for this.

Can’t wait for this. I’m guessing it’s a gamepass game for September.

Hello! Hello! Follow me! Ok!