No Rest for the Wicked - Official Reveal Trailer - Moon Studios (Ori) ARPG

5 Likes

It looks fine and I’m glad it’s on Xbox, but probably going to skip this one.

1 Like

As someone who’s not into metroidvania games or Ori, this looks freaking great and seems to be perhaps a Diablo style action RPG so day one for me.

1 Like

Looks very damn nice! As soon as that creature appears it looked familiar, as in recognising it’s Moon Studios.

1 Like

It looked pretty damn good. Definitely think Moon can nail ARPG’s.

1 Like

This looks like it will play like a dream

It looks fine but it looks like a million other top-down action games. I’m going to need it to sell me on what’s unique and interesting about it, whether that’s the storytelling, itemization, etc.

4 Likes

Yeah exactly. It looks fine. It didn’t blow me away at all in the way that the ori games did.

2 Likes

I think presentation, music and gameplay and controls are gonna be top notch. Ori wasn’t something so uniquely special from a genre and design perspective but it’s so well made, plays, looks and sounds so incredible, so that’s what I expect from this too.

2 Likes

Pretty much my take.

3 Likes

Artstyle is amazing and I still trust Moon to make a game with top-tier gameplay.

Looking forward to learn more about this one.

2 Likes

Agreed the art is pretty similar to Ori and makes the world look like a painting. How ever it wasn’t as impressive as Ori. Would certainly like to see Blizzard explore something similar maybe for the WOW series as I think it would be less expensive.

1 Like

I guess my take was that, from the first time we saw Ori, you could tell it had heart and something special in it. I’m not saying this might not, but they haven’t shown me anything that stood out. It looks like other stuff I’ve seen. I expected it to be a follow up to a game from a couple years ago when I was watching it.

1 Like

Artstyle is king, for me. Moon definitely have great chops in that regard.

2 Likes

Interview moon studios

I don’t know what to make of this, I don’t know if he’s hoping for Xbox to work with him again or just full of himself. Asking if the interviewer believes there is a studio out there that can make an Ori 3 with their pedigree sounded like either a boast or a call to work with Microsoft. Ori is a fine game, but I think there are many talented devs that can handle it and even do it better.

1 Like

Pretty sure Ori wrapped up with Will of the Wisps so could there even be a part 3? Would it even make sense?

I know some here don’t like Moon Studios for whatever reasons but as someone who’s not into metroidvania games, im super hyped for No Rest For The Wicked as it’s more my type of game!!

I liked Ori as for the studio I do recall there were some of the devs that were working with them accusing them of all kinds of toxic nature and also, I think Jez said Microsoft did not want to work with the dev anymore and had split ties with them as they were supposedly bullying the Xbox team assigned to them. I think that is where the hatred stems from.

Live stream just ended a few minutes ago. Start video at 1:59:00. Looks fucking awesome. Goes into Early Access on April 18th which for a game like this makes perfect sense. Get it right and listen to the community that will buy and play the game. I will be there day one when 1.0 version releases for consoles.

1 Like

The game looks phenomenal, they seem to have refined their paintery visual style even further and the cenital view with souls-like gameplay seems interesting. Same as you tho, will wait for the full release on consoles.

1 Like