No Halo Infinite at VGAs

Kind of sucks hard but I rather they focus on Making the game the best it can be. I truly expected a new trailer to show off the games upgrade and fixes but it sounds like they don’t want to miss any milestones for the holidays.

Somewhat of a huge bummer though, this was supposed to be the crown jewel of the new consoles, not only is it delayed “indefinitely” until sometime in 2021 but we’re not even going to get a glimpse of the game again until possibly early next year.

1 Like

Hmmm “high level update”

2 Likes

It does say they are hoping to “offer at least a high level update within the next few weeks”

So if it’s a pretty good chunk of news, I wouldn’t mind Halo Infinite skipping the VGAs.

4 Likes

Not surprised, probably going back to the drawing board on a lot of pieces.

I suspect the game is technically feature complete, these next months will be in make sure it’s the best game they can put out quality wise.

Even looking back at the initial reveal, the only things that were concerning to me personally was the “pop-in” and the flat “lighting.” If they’re able to fix all the other bugs and work on the games lighting and even add a stable version of Ray tracing, the game is going to be a “looker.”

I imagine the “restarting” is marketing and promotions. I still think this will probably release by Spring of 2021. No way they go half a year without releasing a game on their newly released console.

3 Likes

Agreed klobrille did say before launch that the game is more or less content complete

3 Likes

Duh. The VGAs have been dead since 2011. 2013 if you mean VGX.

Now The Game Awards or TGAs are fair game. /s

Shame, but not unexpected. I hope MS has something for the show.

Hellblade 2 gameplay or The Initiative game reveal would be awesome.

4 Likes

Definitely want to see more of Hellblade 2

2 Likes

I am all ij for this and no Halo Infinite trailer at VGAs. I want that they get the game right. I think VGA is a good point in time to show of the game the Initiative or Playground has in the works. Do a Hellblade II kind of trailer and good it is. Geoff will be not excited about any Xbox game anyway. He is only excited about things from the competition.

1 Like

Yea hes a shill im skipping the game awards looks like its gonna be crap

1 Like

I dont want to see the game until its truly ready and the next showing visual improvements need to be substantial.

I think Microsoft are gun-shy about showing another in progress build. I doubt they want to show the game again until it is all but complete. That said with the additional time it makes a huge amount of sense to have a beta. Recently Microsoft said there would be supply issues with the new Xboxes until April. An extended beta around that timeframe would encourage people to pick up a new box. They could then launch the full game in the autumn.

I strongly suspect the delay is mostly so that they can give the visuals a brush up. With an extra year to work on the game they could probably redo the lighting from scratch if they wanted. They can certainly add a lot of the post processing effects that many said were missing from the reveal. I’m still excited to play the game and am hopeful that we will see considerably improved visuals at launch. Ironically the technical area is the one thing that 343 has been consistently good at.

Take all the time please make this THE Halo game we all want and need

Windows central thinks this update is a in depth blog post

3 Likes

Yeah, no faith in 343. We will see if they can climb out of the hole they have dug for themselves.

1 Like

When he said “restart” and “train” I take it to mean restart the marketing and the hype train. Which makes a lot of sense to me. E3 seems to be a more logical target for a demo.

1 Like

At this point I wouldn’t mind if they wanted to scrap the game and restart development, maybe get some guys from Id and Coalition to help out.

I appreciate being ambitious but I think this 10 year plan contrived. I’d rather they just make an 8-12 hour stellar campaign with an amazing multiplayer component, 343i have shown they can do both but haven’t done so in a single package/game.

Tbh by the looks of it, a Blinx reboot or new game in the series would immediately make him an xbox Fanboy. XD

1 Like

I think the 10 year plan is obvious bullcrap, Bungie said the same about Destiny 1.

I expect a beefy single player campaign with good multiplayer and then a new Halo in 4 - 5 years time.

1 Like