No Context Yakuza 7

Like A Dragon is the first Yakuza game I’ve ever really got into, and when I say that the English dialogue and voice-acting is some of the most unintentionally hilarious parts of any game I’ve ever witnessed, I mean it!

These clips are small, but slight spoiler warning? I’ll post more as I progress.

3 Likes

These are hilarious but god i dont know how people can play with a English dub

2 Likes

The English dub is what makes the game for me. It’s a “so bad, it’s good” kind of thing.

1 Like

I wouldn’t call it bad. I genuinely believe it’s a quality dub. Now, the first Yakuza game, on the other hand… yeah, this would apply to that.

I’m freaking loving this game. It’s what 2020 needed. The delay to Cyberpunk, Halo, Medium, The Ascent and the Destiny patch led me to here…and I’m glad it did. I was not planning on purchasing it initially. I tried a little bit of Yakuza on Game Pass previously but this one is sticking more than the others. The main character is such a cheese ball. Hard not to love it.

The mix of serious facial expressions, tone and voice acting with lines like “put the baby in a locker”… :laughing:

1 Like

Because of its sense of humor ( / don’t take yourself seriously), I’m enjoying Yakuza much more than AC Valhalla. It just keeps deliverying.

I was streaming the game when the “baby in the locker” happened. We couldn’t stop laughing at it.

1 Like

Kiwami has an English dub? If so, then this thread is welcome to those clips as well!

The “baby in the locker” line is what really kicked it off for me. Up until that point, I had one eyebrow raised in “WTF” manner and then that scene brought it all home.

2 Likes

Pretty sure the Kiwamis don’t have English dub?

I feel like “put the baby in the locker” will go down in gaming infamy. At least it should.

1 Like

No, I wasn’t talking about Kiwami. Kiwami doesn’t have one. I was talking about the original game back in 2005.

1 Like

This game has quirky sense of humour haha

1 Like