Nintendo Direct - 09/23/2021

Hyped for the Direct. Hoping to get the GTA Trilogy announcement. Would love Rare Replay on my Switch too but not expecting it. Would certainly clap if Master Chief is the last Smash character.

6 Likes

Excited because it is Nintendo and has two PokĆ©mon games to release during northern winter, but I donā€™t know what to expect

1 Like

Welcome! Yeah, would love Chief, and Rare Replay would be a good shout given MS could use it to revitalize interest in series like Perfect Dark and then encourage people to try the new exclusive one. Like they did with Outer Worlds.

A GTA announcement would be very exciting, although admittedly it seems more a Sony or TGA thing. Still, 2k has been pretty friendly with Nintendo so itā€™s not out of the question which would be a really cool announcement.

How about undeadā€¦?

1 Like

Welcome to the community! Iā€™m hoping for some GTA Trilogy details too, and Chief would be great in Smash.

Iā€™m just hoping for a new Xenoblade, or anything from Monolith Soft.

2 Likes

Rare Replay has no right to go to switch before it comes to pc :triumph:

1 Like

Now that I think about it, GTA trilogy announcement at Direct would be a match made in heaven given how both Rockstar and Nintendo go after fan projects and kill them so that they themselves can instead sell far inferior upgrades and ports at full price. :smirk:

Lol other than that, Iā€™m all on board for the inevitable disappointment of not seeing Silksong again.

2 Likes

I want to be excited at the prospect of N64 games joining NSO, because I LOVE the N64, but the release cadence/support for NES Online and SNES online really tempers that excitement. The initial catalog is going to have to check all the boxes or I have little confidence in it being properly filled out.

I realize a lot of things, particularly third party stuff, can be impossible due to licensing issues, but there are a lot of decent Nintendo titles that havent appeared in those services yet. But we get things like Jelly Boy and Claymates.

Nintendo Japan leaked some stuff themselves already lol

this direct gon be mad late for me, gonna just wake up to a bunch of trailers tomorrow I guess. Fine by me.

Chances of the rumored Donkey?

I do like that series that they leaked a new game for. Theyā€™re really fun to 100%ā€¦ That being said I hope itā€™s not the ā€œone more thingā€. Keeping up hopes for Xenoblade 3.

From Shrek?

Yep just 1 game and confirmed a release window I know what your talking about

Whenever I go into one of these with a long list of wants, none of them ever show, so if I go into it with a singular item, hopefully itā€™ll show!

And that singular item is a shadow drop of Sports Story.

Great friend of mine is hypijg this up like thereā€™s no tomorrow but Iā€™m likeā€¦if they had truly big things they would have kept that for last E3. I doubt there will be anything big.

I guess itā€™s about expectations in the end. If all I get is a release date for Breath of the Wild 2 then Iā€™ll be satisfied!

My predictions are:

• The game that leaked
  • GTA remasters
  • a bunch of Japanese games that arent my cup of tea, but others love
  • NSO addiditions Gameboy/N64
  • Indie games

Itā€™s started, hereā€™s the link again:

1 Like