Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered and Ni No Kuni II coming to Xbox and Game Pass

I have never been a big JRPG guy to be honest, but I am loving this game so far. The art style and story is really pulling me in, and once I got more used to the combat and using my “familiars” properly that is really clicking for me now too. Man, I love Xbox Game Pass and how it has opened me up to all types of games that I wouldn’t have considered before.

7 Likes

Im playing it right now. Its ok so far. I hear such good things but im only like 1.5 hrs in. Hasnt grabbed me yet but im determined to give it a fair shake. the combat is good and interesting. the english VO seems ok for a jrpg.

Ni no Kuni isn’t your typical JRPG tbh. The style and aesthetics is very particular. Not really traditional ANime.

2 Likes

At what point does the story pick up. Seems very light and friendly

When the Fire Nation attacks.

1 Like

I remember when I got it on PS3, ordering it from Amazon got you a strong griffin familiar (Griffy?) that I used for most of the game. Did they find a way to implement him in this re-release?

I was back in the day and this game brought me that same joy from back then. This is why gamepass is great.

1 Like

I heard I is much better then II, is that the general consensus here?

Story and character wise its up for debate.

Combat in 2 is vastly better. Not even close.

1 Like

It really depends on what type of JRPGs you like most. This one is like a hybrid Dragon Quest / Pokémon whereas NNK2 plays more like a Tales of series game.

To me, NNK1 has the better overall story but I enjoy the world and gameplay loop of NNK2 much more. I ended up platinuming both on PlayStation and I’d say as an entire package, NNK1 is a better game, but I enjoyed my time with NNK2 much more.

1 Like

Got bored of this after 2 hours… Beauty of GamePass I guess ! Delete and on to the next !

This game has deceptively hard combat from what I remember. Does anyone know of a good resource for figuring it out at a higher level?

I dropped this game on PS3 when I hit a wall with an early boss.