New Windows 11 Details for Gaming

Windows Central podcast going on for people interested. These are Jez’s colleagues who focus on MS and Windows proper.

They are already saying that this is an OS built with a purpose (Daniel Rubino).

3 Likes

85/15 for apps and 88/12 for games

1 Like

I’ve never seen such clear focus and purpose from MS before.

Windows, Surface, Gaming, Cloud – they’re going all in

It finally feels like Xbox is a core component of Windows and that gaming is synonymous whether its PC or Console.

Is my PC an Xbox now?

4 Likes

Yes! What’s the point of owning a console now? MS must be exiting console business. /s
LOL

3 Likes

tHeY wOnt sElL mAnY cOnsOlEs nOw… fAil!

4 Likes

It will be interesting if it helps with store usage or store growth. It’s similar policy to EPIC’s store.

Give me the Series S APU in a Surface form factor please.

3 Likes

I don’t even know what is that… :roll_eyes:

I have a feeling They might disable that TPM requirement with the amount of that backlash since a lot of people are getting fucked

Isn’t that just for super old PCs?

1 Like

My laptop isn’t super old considering it can run mcc not too bad

Trusted Platform Module

If it is already there on your PC, go to the BiOS and switch Secure Boot on.

1 Like

Actually, ppl are not aware it is already there in most pcs. Secure boot has to be switched on.

Btw, ppl did a side install Windows 11 leaked build. So, even if it has a TPM requirement, I think it may not matter.

Turned TPM on and no go for me :frowning:

My shiny new OS to play with, love and hate. Nooooo! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Secure boot is on in BIOS but I keep getting the ‘‘This PC can’t run Windows 11’’ :(:frowning: :pensive: :pensive:

I’m not even on an old laptop :pensive: Really bums me out, I really wanted to hop on 11 with the Xbox integration mostly.

Then it is Windows 10 for all of us until we update our computers. Should be just ok. :slight_smile:

ps - You might have an older tpm in that case.

The funny part is that people who downloaded the leaked version of Windows 11, have it working without this requirement. This looks like a requirement for security more than anything.

1 Like

that was my thought too, til I sought out a second set of eyes, I had switched everything on correctly but there was a 3rd option I needed to activate which was a little easier to miss.

I am good to go!

Damn your menu design Asrock!

Screenshot 2021-06-25 093839

5 Likes

Oh, super! Good for you. You are ready for the shiny Windows 11.

Just looking at the reveal videos - God, it is shiny!