New touch controls shown for xCloud & Gears 5 - via Tom Warren

Gears seems like it’d be hard to play effectively with touch controls. I do really like the idea though.

Will be useful for games that require very little input or quickly logging into games to get daily rewards. My kids would probably use it as their wizards with touch screens. MS is doing great with all the accessibility options they offer.

1 Like

damn, this is dope! Thanks for the link, they’re really taking this seriously. They could have easily gone the route of “If you want to experience this next gen feature, you will have to buy so and so separate controller from us or our partners, iT’s JuSt BuSiNeSs.” but very glad they know that shit shall end up acting counter to the proposed ubiquity of this service.

If they let the community come up with these maps somehow as options every game would end up with some good ways to play eventually.

1 Like

ms also made this really easy for devs. you can have a quick win with not a lot of effort but still have a nice user experience. and you can do stuff like gears5 wich is also not really hard but a bit more time consuming. they really thought this through.

Never been a massive fan of touch controls, they have never felt quite right, and I don’t like having my fingers in the way of what’s happening on the screen. The Razer Kishi has been a revelation with regards to playing streaming games on mobile and I’m not sure I could go back to a touchscreen. Having said that they do seem to be doing this properly and I would rather have the option to use it than no option at all.