New Sidebar has now been enabled AND we have featured topics!

The wonderful folks at Discourse have announced a new update!

Today we’re introducing a new sidebar and a new notifications menu into Discourse to help you and your community members find and focus on what is most important to you.

The new sidebar lets you customize your navigation so you can get to your favorite parts of your community, and the new notifications menu that lets you more easily decide which of your notifications deserve your attention now and which ones can be dismissed or be saved for later.

Please note: These new features are still experimental, but will eventually become the defaults for new communities.

Let us know what you think!

In addition, we’ve also enabled featured topics to highlight the latest going’s on across the forum. Cos we’re cool like that.

6 Likes

I noticed when the page refreshed and the side-bar jumped out at me so I immediately began yelling at the clouds…

Its easy to toggle it shown/hidden so if you’re on tablet it doesnt take up possibly limited screen real-estate.

Will toy around with it and give impressions afterwards.

Are you guys still using Discourse forum?

Yes (because it’s faster, more mobile friendly, and generally more awesome). :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Loving the new update! Excellent work crew

3 Likes

5 Likes

Btw, you CAN and you SHOULD customize your side bar to see what you want to see there, what to track or, if you don’t need it, just collapse it (click on the menu icon, and it will go away).

So, you can edit Categories and Tags you see.

We are in the process of cleaning up tags and rearranging them to be useful, with certain logic where they are applied.

1 Like

Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 11.44.21 PM Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 11.55.28 PM

A small addition, but now you can change the theme directly from the sidebar (look for it at the bottom).

2 Likes

You made me try Light mode…

2 Likes

1 Like

Topics I’m tracking should appear under Tracked? There’s nothing there when I click on it.