Netflix shares decline after subscriber outlook misses estimates

1 Like

Pandemic viewings really did work wonders for them.

3 Likes

Seeing the elastic effect of the pandemic as people have more things to spend their money and time on.

Not surprised, not much room to grow once you’re at that point.

You’re fighting for your life to retain subscribers, not acquire new ones.

2 Likes

Plus competition is now fierce not only from other streaming services but now gaming.

I unsubscribed with the latest price bump. $20/month for mediocre content is crazy.

3 Likes

I rather pay for Magellan TV or Curiosity Stream for actual good content lol.

If it wasnt for the fact that my best friend uses my Netflix every day for his kids, I would have cancelled after the last price hike.

In my opinion Netflix is missing those must watch series these days. There’s still enough on the service for me to keep paying (especially since I’m not big on Disney properties) though.

3 Likes

They cancelled the shows that I liked the most, like Mindhunters.

4 Likes

If you’re going to hike prices every year by a substantial percentage I want to see good television. I love some trashy stuff like Nailed It. But I’m not paying $20 per month for lower quality streams, stand up specials and budget reality TV.

Content quality has been down lately, including in Netflix originals. I can make due with Prime and Disney if this is how it’s going to be going forward.

2 Likes

netflix need to expand outside their comfort zone so they have other ways to make money otherwise they will keep missing targets also like others have said there hasn’t been that many must have to watch on netflix and the ones they do have they cancel after a season or two.

1 Like

Yeah, same. I’ve been a subscriber since something like 2011. Netflix was the staple service, others I have a month here and there when there is something interesting. Can’t justify it any longer at that price, they produce so much crap nowadays and kill the good stuff too soon.

I’ll sub to the “service of the month” one at a time instead when there is enough to watch I’m interested in. Which is a PITA to manage btw.

1 Like

Netflix is still the best “service” from an actual service perspective out of all of them but the content is so inconsistent. If you can find people to split the cost it can still be valuable but yeah I’m definitely not gonna be paying for this on my own with the increased prices.

1 Like

Considering the price increases I’m not surprised alot of people are ditching it. Everyone I know share their subs. My brother in law pays for Binge, I pay for Paramount, my mum pays for Disney and we all share accounts. Same with Spotify. If they push it too far then the old torrent sites will ramp back up.

And they raised their fucking prices. Bastards are out of their minds.

Aren’t they removing Marvel content now?

Lol.

Part of the contracs from when they signed them many years ago if I recall correctly, the completed series will be off for a couple years before returning. Or maybe that was only if they continued making them. There was something weird seeming in them, but nowmi cant find solid details.

1 Like