Most biased article?

do you really think PS5 DE is coming at £300? Series S costs £250, not £300, so it’s more like 100 euro difference if you go by your £350 prediction, which is still enticing for the DE, not likely imo but let’s see

Just ignore this kind of article. They want your attention and clicks.

1 Like

I don’t think so, no. I feel like the correct way to look at this is that Microsoft are putting out a next gen system that doesn’t do 4k. The line the guy uses that I think is the problem is here:

“we have a next gen machine that’s half the price”. Of course, that argument falls down somewhat when one actually compares performance

What he’s saying is that it’s not a next gen machine. This doesn’t take into account the vastly more powerful CPU in the system, only the number of TF, which isn’t the correct way to asses this. If you want to pitch the Series S as being around as powerful as a PS4 Pro, that’s what you’d do. The Series S will destroy the One X (and definitely Ps4 Pro) because of a variety of features, but this doesn’t suit the narrative this guy wishes to construct. That being that the cheaper Xbox isn’t worth considering and the PS5 will be a better choice than the more expensive Series X.

I don’t think there’s any chance that the PS5DE will get anywhere near the Series S price - time will tell, but I think the price will be 50% more, perhaps even more than that. Series S = £250 PS5DE = £400 would be my guess at the moment - I think it’s quite unlikely we’ll ever find out what Sony’s intended price was before Microsoft revealed theirs but I’d love to know someday, especially if it’s changed and by how much.

Just an FYI… You should probably careless about these opinions and don’t let them get to you. These types of articles are everywhere but it’s just as easy to ignore as well.

4 Likes

Haha, thanks. I think I’m slightly (maybe a lot) OCD, but don’t worry it won’t keep me up at night. :slight_smile:

Being able to make a thread and then ramble about it for a bit gets it out of my system. Better I write something here than call that guy out on social media! I expect he’d love that too.

“Xbox is good but is it good enough?” Lol

2 Likes

I get it. Don’t make it a habit though :wink:

lol, it’s so dumb. I feel like these places can’t just say Wow xbox did something crazy good on them! they gotta tag on some concern about something. If Sony announced a $299 PS5 tomorrow i’d be like oh shit good on you Sony that’s nuts and that would be it. But if I was like half these articles i’d be like,

Wow they’re selling it at that price, something must be wrong and how long will it be till they’re bankrupt!

2 Likes

I agree with this , there are gonna be tons of articles like this especially for an underdog product. The only real egregious things imo are it being from such a major publication , but it’s still just an opinion piece, and the take happening before all the cards are even on the table. You’re just gonna have to tune them out a bit though, I don’t think opinions will truly change until stuff is in people’s hands.

Imagine how they would be acting right now if PS5 was confirmed 499 and the all digital 299, with EA Play for free w/subscription & pre order, release date officially announced. Just swap places…“Oh my God Sony revolutionizes gaming! Perfect way of coming into Next Gen! News at 11!”

1 Like

I’m starting to genuinly hate the word “but”.

1 Like

I would agree with his take about the Series S - it is definitely underpowered, especially when you look at all the options across PC and console to play games in the next five years. However, historically that hasn’t really mattered for some companies like Nintendo for example. I’m uncertain that MS is a “Nintendo”, but we will have to see.

As for opinions, everyone has one. And whether or not you agree with it his opinion is valid. I’ve never seen a fanbase that feels so “attacked” on every level, and I struggle to understand the mind set. Do you honestly think Xbox is going away? If not, then why does it bother you so much? A lot of journalists write for clicks these days, so you are playing into his hands by getting upset

You’ll be much happier if you stop caring about these types of things, especially editorials. They’re designed to present opinions/feelings over factual information. And since facts can get mired in semantics, it’s generally a waste of time worrying about it or trying to “correct” it.

The best thing you can do is to not read their future stuff.

1 Like

I do agree with the title though :phil_lmao:

1 Like

Irony since the PS5 launch lineup is not exactly a world beater either and PS5 launch games are getting delayed on a weekly basis. Given the pandemic and delay in games having a BC program like Xbox does and gamepass is certainly an Ace in their sleeve given the current state of the world.

Would you rather have access to a library of thousands on launch day where almost every game will see some type of improvement over last gen hardware along with a large number of optimized games or access to pretty much nothing due to the pandemic and major game delays all over the industry?

To fanboys and biased media Sony “wins” for simply existing and Xbox loses for existing. What this “win” entails and how it magically benefits consumers is still unknown as no one really can explain what this “winning” and “losing” is and means and it seems to just involve moving gola posts around to put Sony in a good light all the time.

2 Likes

Wait until you read the one on Bloomberg.

I’m locking this thread because I don’t believe venting about the opinions of media will lead to anything good. If you don’t like the quality of work from a specific outlet, then don’t feed them clicks.

1 Like