More details about PlayStation Spartacus tiers

There will probably be some Day 1 on Spartacus titles. What they will be and how will they differ from certain Day 1 on GamePass titles remain to be seen.

1 Like

I don’t think he’s saying it will be be stronger than Game Pass, he’s saying relative to it’s current offering against Game Pass it will be stronger.

3 Likes

I wonder if there will be any sort of subscription conversion. I think I have PS+ through 2024.

Yeah, just like with Shadow Warrior 3

In what way though?

Hnmm, true.

It’s Sony, the marketing leader and it wouldn’t surprise me if they can get some deals done cheaper and better. Or maybe it doesn’t work like that at all. But in the case it does…

Which in that case is going to make Xbox go even harder at Game Pass undoubtedly, only good.

I do wonder though:

Even Nintendo is using it’s DLC for Animal Crossing and Mario Kart to entice people into NSO along with it’s games.

Would Sony do the same thing with Destiny DLC? Factions Map Expansions? Other DLC for 1st Party Stuff?

The trials is at least an improvement over nothing.

2 Likes

Oh, I see.

Anyway it is a pretty solid offering. Bbetter NSO basically.

Yeah, I’m hoping that this doesn’t cause a drop in quality for 3rd party games on GamePass.

1 Like

So, what is going to happen with PS Now?

It becomes a Spartacus tier.

1 Like

I don’t really expect them to take this seriously until they are forced to. This looks like dipping their toes in.

2 Likes

Can’t imagine that being the case, it already is something that I would say needs improvement, more regularly that is.

Game Catalog honestly reads like they just moved the PS+ collection to a more expensive tier.

1 Like

It will cause a raise if it actually offers strong competition…

2 Likes

It is inevitable that Game Pass might not get certain third party games in the future. You can’t get everything you want. Just like with time exclusives, subscription services will have exclusive third party content. It is just Microsoft will have more of it due to bigger factory.

Them nabbing Shadow Warrior 3 for day one is a good move, but it’s PS4 version, I assume it will get a Pro patch, so at least there’s that but any PS5 version people need to buy that.

I also wonder about the “partnered” Indie games that PlayStation showcases.

Do games with quality like Sifu, Stray, Little Devil Inside, Kena all that go Day 1 on Spartacus, or are they too high quality for a “Day 1” in terms of prestige games.

I think they start with some of the former type of games but eventually it’s gotta have all 1st party.