Microsoft/Xbox Q1 earnings FY 2022. Gaming Revenue increased by 16%

Update:

20 Likes

Share price hit record high earlier as well, 2nd highest earner so far in my portfolio.

MS and Xbox are powerhouses right now.

3 Likes

Notice how all of this happened before a single “AAA blockbuster exclusive banger”.

Thinking of how much growth FH5, Halo Infinite, Stalker 2, Forza Motorsport, RedFall, and Starfield are gonna drive.

10 Likes
2 Likes

So, Xbox revenue is up almost exclusively due to Hardware? Third-party releases in Q1 just not very good huh

Game services und 1st party software is also up. Third party declined against last years quarter, probably because Covid delayed a lot of releases and less people are at home playing Fortnite.

2 Likes

Yeah they’ll definitely wait until Forza/Halo/Christmas before giving out more gamepass numbers

I expect those to give the numbers a big jump

2 Likes

Right, I saw that part but it seems like 3rd party was ‘so bad’ that it offset those gains to only make it 2% growth

Didn’t they drop the revenue they take on 3rd party games for their store

I believe that’s PC only? I might be mistaken though.

It’s been horrid. Starting to feel all those delayed titles now.

that’s for windows store not xbox

i don’t think PC store makes enough dough to register in MS quarterly results anywhere :rofl:

Would it be under the Xbox results

5 Likes
3 Likes

Wonder if gamepass has negatively impacted 3rd party sales

These are actually really good numbers considering the prior quarter projections for gaming revenue were low double digits growth, and they managed to hit 16% overall growth. They have great services and hardware, and now the big time game bangers are starting to roll in this holiday too.

8 Likes

Sony’s financials might be able to provide a clue in this regards. At the moment I think it is a combination of an elastic effect due to Covid restrictions easing in many places, and the sheer lack of big 3rd party games.

4 Likes

Thank you for making this thread @RelloK, you’re a gun

7 Likes