Microsoft Store UK Xbox pre-order question

Hey all I have a Xbox Series X Pre-order with the Microsoft Store Uk and heard there was issues with the One X preorders? Kinda worried so just wanted to see if anyone here has used them for console releases before? I have Amazon as backup but would rather get it directly through them. If you have used amazon for a console release I would like to know about that too! Keep in mind this is for the UK! :slight_smile:

The only console I have ever preordered online was the Switch from Amazon, I prefer to do it instore. It was a great experience though, the Switch even arrived the day before launch!

1 Like

Much appreciated thanks bud!

1 Like

No worries, good luck with your preorder.

1 Like

I ordered from neither for 1X but was tracking a couple of UK delivery threads and yes last time there was a low number of cases of MS store orders that missed day 1 and showed up day 2. there were also missed day 1 deliveries from amazon that seemed to trickle out for a week after launch. 0 cases of missed delivery from Game, no chatter on other UK stores (apart from the general crapness of Currys/PC world). I’ve gone with MS Store this time out and am not worried about day 1 delivery. Both of my Elites (1 and 2) came day 1 and they were both pretty limited stock. We know MS store was limiting pre-orders based on stock so carrier problems not with standing I think it’s a pretty safe bet. UPS tracking is a bit shit though I’d have preferred DPD.

1 Like

Damn man… the trustpilot for both sites are really bad… I have a order on Shopto also but heard there customer service is bad? They use DPD which I would rather. UPS is the only thing putting me off microsoft store. Thank you for all that info it really does help!

I guess microsoft store is the best bet out of both the only thing putting me off like I said is there Trustpilot rating

No problem, not a lot of info out there when I looked.

I would caution against taking the Microsoft trust pilot score as any indication of store service at all, I haven’t looked at it in ages but checked it out just now and it reads like any neogaf MS thread, e.g. My son couldn’t buy V bucks with his credit (most likely because of parental settings) and I was too stupid to be able to contact support or I pre-ordered series x but forget to change it from card to store credit. And this a particular favourite (all from 1st page!) 'cause a lot of serious photographers use Windows photo for editing. :slight_smile:

“My whole life with them until they have ruined my fan spirit with bad decisions and worst updates on Window10. After using Windows photos for years I just realised that it makes pictures blurred, this is the worst nightmare for a photographer.”

1 Like

Fair play on that one mate :joy::joy::joy:

Screw it! Ill go with the MS Store!

1 Like

Don’t forget to get your rewards level up to 2 before payment is taken so you get x3 points.

2 Likes

Honestly you helped a ton thank you!

1 Like

Sorry if this is a stupid question. How do you do that? Thanks! Oh and I ordered through Microsoft store online but didn’t realize there would be any points. How many do we get? :thinking:

1 Like

Go here

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/rewards

Sign up and earn 500 points in a month, that will take you to level 2, then you need to earn 500 per month to stay there. It’s easy to get 500 a month if you complete the tasks at the link above and also on your xbox with the achievements app.

You can then use the points to buy stuff, gamepass time, xbox credit and a load of other stuff.

An easy way to top up points is bing searches where you can quickly rack up a few.

Missed the bit about how many points, level 1 1 per £, level 2 10 per £ and level 2 +active gold sub (for 2 months) 20.

3 Likes

Oh sweet! I’m level 2. Do the points thing every day so should be hopefully staying level 2 until launch.

So how many points will someone level 2 get once the Series X payment is taken? :thinking::grin:

2 Likes

I still have a weird feeling about my Pre Order which I did from Game in store, just a feeling something has gone wrong.

I pre ordered in store, tried to do All Access yet klarna (shocking company) rejected & the website kept going down, but game said my pre order is safe & I can turn up on Release date & pay in full which is fine, but I just have a feeling ill turn up & they say na we can’t accept.

Im sure it will be fine bud! I feel like my Microsoft store one will go wrong too! For no reason of course just paranoid :joy:

1 Like

Finally fully paid off and ready for delivery. :grin:

Screenshot-2020-10-08-14-41-34-99

Phew.

3 Likes

How did you pay early dude? Microsoft currency?

1 Like

Yeah. Just use live chat and say to them that you want to switch payment method to Microsoft currency and make sure you have enough and then it says paid

2 Likes