Microsoft Store is seemingly "leaking" next-gen versions of indie games; CrossCode at 120 FPS! (update: We Happy Few optimized aswell!)

I’ve been messing around a bit with the Microsoft Web Store and found out a way to filter games optimized for the Series X|S. To my surprise I’ve found some games that according to the store are receiving next-gen upgrades, even though there have been no official news from developers.

And the best of all: they all seem to support Smart Delivery!

Below is a list of the “leaked” next-gen versions of games I found:

Concept Destruction

4K Ultra HD, 60 FPS, Smart Delivery

Crosscode

4K Ultra HD, 120 FPS, Smart Delivery

Gonner 2

4K Ultra HD, 60 FPS, Smart Delivery

Undead Horde

4K Ultra HD, 120 FPS, Smart Delivery

14 Likes

I will play Cross Code at 120fps. That game is awesome …

1 Like

We now live in a world where Xbox performs better than a high end PC. What a shift in strategy when Consoles were just the lower spec parts of the newest PC tech.

3 Likes

I was on the fence on upgrading to a PC, and then the Series X hardware reveal put a smile on my face for how strong it will be. I prefer console gaming, so it’s great to know that next gen will deliver 60fps and 4k performance because much cheaper to play on consoles

2 Likes

We Happy Few also seems to be Optimized!

Edit:

1 Like

Nice! I haven’t played it yet and bought the season pass cheap af on sale. Awesome!

1 Like

Here is another one

1 Like

Nice find! There are some really obscure games being Optimized lol

I’ve never played through We Happy Few in part because it feels awful on my One S. Hopefully this’ll be the kick I need to play it through because the story is fantastic as is the visual design.

2 Likes

I completely ignored the game for some reason back then. But since it is made by a studio that is now part of XGS, I’ve been wanting to give it a shot for a while now. This is the perfect excuse for me to do so!

2 Likes