Microsoft should give Gears and Halo to different studios

Nah. Long time Halo fan, Halo infinite isn’t perfect, it’s missing content. But I believe if you take nostalgia out of it, the campaign and multiplayer for infinite is better than the old Halos. The only one that competes is 3. 3 has better maps but Infinite plays better than pretty much any Halo and in my opinion better than most other shooters. As for Gears, I’m not a hardcore Gears fan, I don’t play multiplayer or Hoard, I just play campaign and I loved 5 and Hivebusters for the campaigns.

People go to those studios because they love those franchises. There’s a lot of misconceptions that those people are forced to work on them like Toys for Bob has to work on CoD. That’s not the case. If you went to 343, you probably love and want to work on Halo. Same for the coalition and gears

4 Likes

why ?

2 Likes

????

3 Likes

I know we’re not supposed to insult each other and want to keep the discussion respectful

…but it get’s so hard sometimes

2 Likes

I would like them to give other studios the chance to work on a one-time spinoff of each series, I think another studio doing a small Gears DLC like Hivebusters or a campaign spinoff for Halo could be something both refreshing and a small unrisky test for if this idea is viable.

I am to don’t like the idea that a franchise stays under the same studio for decades on end.

Halo Infinite is great with a very refreshing foundation, on most all fronts except the live design so far.

Gears can be great again if they actually try and overhaul the foundation / refresh the identify of the series.

1 Like

4 Likes

Halo has already been treated by different studios(Halo Wars and the mobile/VR stuff) and also Bungie and 343 while share a lot of employees are different studios.
343 can and should continue with Halo but would be cool to see them do something new after Infinite and let Halo rest a little bit between expansions and such. Make a spinoff maybe trough another studio, a Horror game with the flood were you’re just a regular soldier or maybe even just a regular human would be pretty cool.

When it comes to GEARS, Coalition is already resting on the franchise and giving it to someone else only makes sense for spinoffs like Gears Tactics, wich was awesome.

Basically do what they’re already doing BUT MORE